Registered: June 2002
What cute girlies!
This is my first challenge so I apologize if I didn't do everything correctly!
First thing I did was duplicated the original layer so I could frequently check my progress. I feel the faces are the most important things to be fixed, and I also like to get the hardest things over with before I move on to the easiest.
I started with the little girl's face. I lightly airbrushed some color over the sunspot, then dodged and burned to add depth. I also added a little blush to her right cheek to even out the face and blend it all in a little better.
Mommy was a tough one! Like Phyllis, I used the little girl's face to cover up the spot on mom. I dodged and burned spots on her face as well, especially the area around the nose, so you could tell she actually had one! After that, I noticed that it looked kind of blotchy, so I copied her face, blurred it somewhat high, added some noise, then blurred some more. This helped make her face a little smooth, as well as adding some blush (I love makeup). As far as her eye goes, I copied her left eye and put it on her right, just so it looked more even. Afterwards, I used the cloning tool to fix spots on her dress and the little girl's dress. I didn't finish the whole thing because I'm at work and it's time to leave, but you get the picture!!