Registered: August 2001
|Submitted by Robert Stevens:
"I'm not quite sure how to address the boss of this great site! "Dear Mr Nelson" - "Hi Doug" ... Which do you prefer?
Anyhow I was wondering whether you would be interested in this photo for a challenge.
It's not torn or cracked, but I've found it a pig to get right.
It is a photo of MG No.1 the very first MG car, taken in 1953. My Grandfather was one of the main players in the building of it.
No problems with permissions or copyright, family photograph.
My grandfather is driving it, the lady second from the right is my grandmother, as to the other people I'm not sure who they are; would that be a problem.
I have also included a half finished restoration that I am working on, none of the strange red artefacts have been removed, but it gives an idea of the colour of the beast.
If it's acceptable, then great!
If not, or your snowed under with photos, then please accept my apologies for wasting your computer space and your time.
Steve (Robert Stevens) Alias "Shalford"
Challenge: Restore this MG to its original glory
Do your best to restore "MG No. 1", and post the results here using the following guidelines:
- Make sure you're using the largest version of the Challenge photo
- Enter your name in "Enter a title for the photo"
- Enter the Challenge type and number in "Descriptive Keywords" (ie: "Photo-Art Challenge #501" or "Manipulation Challenge #132"
- Include a complete description of the steps you used under "Photo Description". (You might want to write it elsewhere and paste it here)
- Attach your file as an 800 pixel wide JPG file, compressed so that the overall file is under 200k (this usually means 60% compression).
- Make sure you post to the correct Challenge
- If you expect any comments for your entry, offer your comments to other entries
As always, there are no winners, no losers, no prizes, only a sharing and learning opportunity for everyone.
How you restore and how much you restore is up to you, as long as you fulfill the Challenge. Have fun, and good luck!
NOTE: As is the case for ALL RetouchPRO Challenges, there is NO expiration date on this Challenge. Even after other Challenges go up, feel free to upload your version