Registered: September 2001
Location: Flemington, NJ
Cropped image to 5 x 7 inches.
Added level adjustment layer masked to reveal only baby’s face and hands. Level adjustments: Red 0/.90/255, RGB 0/1.68/255.
Added color balance adjustment layer masked to reveal only blanket Highlights Blue +17, Shadows Blue +69.
Infant seat -- Airbrushed over towel with color picked from seat. Cloned/copied pasted texture and images from seat to layer over air brushed layer. Erased/cloned overlaps to blend.
I found the bear on top of the baby’s head distracting, so I removed it by covering it with copied/pasted areas from infant seat on new layer, erasing to blend.
Then, at this point I noticed that all the bears that I had left in the photo were upside down. So, I selected one of the upside-down bears, copied it to a new layer and flipped it vertical just for some diversion. Cloned the overlapping areas to blend transformed bear.
Baby’s hands – what a job that was!!! I worked with burn and clone tool on left-facing hand to remove blurring. Copied, free-transformed, flipped horizontal and placed pieces of the baby’s left-facing hand on separate layers to define the right-facing hand. Smudged, cloned and burned outlines to blend. Decided not to try to recreate a new hand but to simply show three fingers curved under the blanket.
Baby’s jacket – selected right-facing sleeve and copied to new layer. Set layer to multiply blend mode, opacity of 33% to add more definition to that area.
Blanket – copied more defined areas of blanket and pasted over blown-out or blurred areas. Used color balance adjustment layer mask to select blanket on original layer. Promoted selection to layer. Applied sandstone texture and lowered layer opacity to 76%.
Baby’s face-- Selected face and copied to new layer, opacity of 88%. Erased eyes, nose and mouth and eyebrows from layer. Applied despeckle filter to smooth out skin.
Flattened layers and made a final level adjustment (by masking) to Baby’s face, right-facing arm and right-facing hand of RGB 0/1.00/240.
Saved file as .jpeg, compression of 70.