I enjoyed bringing this cadet back to life. The main steps I did were:
- cropped away the old oval matte and added an old frame I found on the internet
- adjusted levels on the cadet to become more realistic, as an old photo might be
- replaced the background and added Texture/Grain/Clumped to match the cadet
- burned and dodged certain areas to bring out shadows and reduce highlights where it didn\'t look natural. I tried to add shadows on the right side to match the shadow on his nose.
- emphasized his eyes by replacing different eyes and reducing the opacity of the eyes to combine with his original ones
- drew over PMA on his collars to bring those out more
- replaced the cap badge with one I found on the internet that looked similar, blurred and added grain to match the cadet.
- healed and cloned out scratches and dust
I especially like your frame.
It’s not easy to find a frame that looks 100 years old
and blend it with this photo. You did it!
Good work on the eyes, they were tricky.
Nick Moss Junior Member
Registered: April 2002 Location: North Carolina
I think this looks pretty nice. It would look better if you softened the transition between his face and the background on the left (his right). His left eye also got messed up at some point and needs a litle help I think.
Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced Copyright 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.