Registered: August 2001
|Submitted by Syble Glasscock:
"It is the family of L.R. Curry and Mary T. Fleming, it is the entire family except for the oldest son that had already left home. The 5th girl from the right is my grandmother that was born in 1888. Most of our family members that are still living didn't know this photo existed. A 94 yrs. relative found it in a box of pictures belonging to her sister, it wasn't in a frame which accounts for the poor condition of the photo.
The reason I know that it was taken about 1900, is because the 4th girl from the right died November 20, 1900 and the baby in the picture was born in March 26, 1898. The baby looks to be about 2 yrs. old in the photo, so the photo was taken in late 1899 or early in 1900.
From Nov. 1900 to Nov. 1905, 4 of these children died, so we are fortunate to have the photo of them.
At that time period, it was common for the houses to have a breezeway in the center of the house, we are not sure what the lines are, looks like some kind of frame, of course in this instance, the light coming through almost fades out one of the girls with blonde hair.
Challenge: Restore this photo. Description mandatory
Do your best to restore "Curry Family", and post the results here using the following guidelines:
- Make sure you're using the largest version of the Challenge photo
- Enter your name in "Enter a title for the photo"
- Enter the Challenge type and number in "Descriptive Keywords" (ie: "Photo-Art Challenge #501" or "Manipulation Challenge #132"
- Include a complete description of the steps you used under "Photo Description". (You might want to write it elsewhere and paste it here)
- Attach your file as an 800 pixel wide JPG file, compressed so that the overall file is under 200k (this usually means 60% compression).
- Make sure you post to the correct Challenge
- If you expect any comments for your entry, offer your comments to other entries
As always, there are no winners, no losers, no prizes, only a sharing and learning opportunity for everyone.
How you restore and how much you restore is up to you, as long as you fulfill the Challenge. Have fun, and good luck!
NOTE: As is the case for ALL RetouchPRO Challenges, there is NO expiration date on this Challenge. Even after other Challenges go up, feel free to upload your version