Registered: December 2004
1. Levels Adjustment layer
2. Cloned/Patched/Healed/Smudged on damaged areas. Hue/Sat adj layer to remove yellow stains on the wall, blouse, face.
3. Chaise - Copied/flipped/liquify right side to replace left side of the chaise, liquify pattern made out of a good area, covered the chaise using screen mode at 25%opacity.
4. Floor - Copied from another image, distorted, applied levels adj layer & gaussian blur to match original photo
5. Shoes - Found the right shoe, literally. Left shoe of the borrowed image was discarded, it's positioned the wrong way. Copied the right shoe, used liquify to make it look like the left shoe. Liquify right shoe to bend it a little. Levels adj layer and gaussian blur to match original photo.
6. Skirt - Drew folds but looked too fake and splotchy. Covered it with image taken from parts of a billowy gown. Replace color because the gown is of different color. Liquify to bend gown to sitting position. Placed it on top of the original image and used screen blending mode 25% opacity.
7. Left arm - Moved 4 pixels to her left. Rotated the forearm. The baby seem to push her arms inwards. Her pose looked awkward, with the baby removed.
8. Drapes - Copied/cloned/patched/healed.
9. Face - Gaussian blur, undo, history brush. Unsharp on the eyes and mouth
10. Color - White on her sweater, gray on her inner blouse
11. Shadow - Added solid color layer, multiply mode 40%opacity, painted shadows with soft brush 20% opacity. Have problem with drop shadow layer style.
Whew!!! That's that. I struggled with the liquify tool most especially on the chaise. I don't think I will ever master it like the pen tool.
This is very good for practice but I hope I don't come across this kind of damage in real life. As consolation, at least the young lady's face is still intact.
- This is my second upload. Tried to edit photo based on comments received to date.