Registered: February 2005 Location: Los Angeles area Posts: 352 users gallery
This restoration was done over a two-week period of time and I’m sure that I am going to leave some steps out.
I did most of the repair work with the cloning, healing, patching, and pasting to get the detail back.
I de-saturated and started bringing out detail with levels and curves. I’m sure I did more but I can’t remember every step.
To add color, I made a layer for each area and then set the mode to color and dropped the opacity until I liked the way it looked.
After color was the way I wanted it, I merged the layers and then did some dodge and burn and general tweaking here and there. I then added some noise so that it did not look so smooth. The original had a lot of noise or a grain in it.
I probably could have gone on and on with it because I really liked working on it.