Registered: December 2004
First I did a levels adjustment doing each channel (RGB) seperately, and then brightened it so I could see what was going on.
Wallpaper: The flash brighted the wallpaper on the left side too much, so I copied the wallpaper on a new layer and darkened it until the left side was as dark as the right was originally. Then I made a mask filled with black to hide the new darker layer. I selected the gradient tool set for white to black and drug it from the left side to let the darker layer show through on the left side.
I worked on the color channels seperately (probably a waste of time) first cloning and healing to remove the most of the spots and discoloration. Then with each channel I used the dust and scractches filter, took a snapshot, and then undid the filter adjustment. I could then use the Art History brush, clicking on the snapshop as the sourse, selecting lighten to paint over any dark spot, and selecting darken to paint over any light-colored defects.
Then I cleaned up as much spots and stains as I could using the clone and stamp tools. I did it on each channel seperately Which seemed to work out nicely with the blue needing the most work, and the red the least. I lassoed the skirt and used the part by her waist to clone and heal the lower parts.
The red channel seemed bright so I darken that channel only and it took away the red cast.
Upolstery: There was just enough of the first 2 stripws there that I was able to fix and duplicate into a large ice of striped apolstery. Then I used the shear filter (Filter>Distort>Shear) to bend the top,; then played with the transform tool to get it postioned correctly.Final adjustments with liquify.
Reddened left side of hair by copying left side of hair and right side of hair to seperte layers the used Image>Adjusment>Match color to match the left side of the hair with the right side.
Carpet:Took photo, adjusted color and lighting, used transform tool to fit. Added shading and shadows.
Shoes found one on the internet that I flipped for the second. Used transform to foreshorten, and moved the postion of the strap. Colored brown with the color replacement tool using a brown from the wood of the chair.
That's not everything, but a good chunk of it. This was really fun to do. Thaks to Doug for the opportunity to work on it