Registered: February 2005 Location: Los Angeles area Posts: 352 users gallery
I made the image larger so that I could add to the man on the left and then made the image black and white. I used curves, levels and also multiply mode to bring our details.
I searched for “body parts” in the archives to replace the eyes and other facial features. I duplicated one side of the half man so that he became whole.
I spent a lot of time cloning, patching and healing. I also did a lot of burning and dodging to bring out detail. I replaced the background with another backdrop and tried to make it blend in with the men. I added some noise, and then blurred it a little. My goal was to try to blend the new background and the men, and also get rid of the entire smooth clone look.
I decided to keep the vintage look of the photo and added a sepia tone to it.
Registered: October 2004 Location: Largo, Fl Posts: 282
Great job - wonderful restoration of details.
Matt Roberts Junior Member
Registered: December 2002 Location: Australia
The hard ones don't frighten you Cathy,
They don't come much harder than this.
Fine work on the faces and reconstructing the
man on the left.
Great choice on the background. Only a very battered
old antique backdrop would blend with the men.
Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced Copyright 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.