Registered: March 2002 Location: eastern pa. Posts: 214 users gallery
Thought it was time to get back into the fight. So I thought I would
give "Camo" a try. My steps are as follows:
1. Used patch tool to repair flaws in picture.
2. Applied gaussien blur 1 pix to blend pic imperfections.
3. Ran poleroid D & S filter
4. Surfed the internet to get camo colors.
5. Created jacket layer. Made selections using magic wand for three
area's of camo color. Filled these selections with tan, green and brown.
Made three layers one for each color. Set blend mode to color and adjusted
6. Selected face and experimented with flesh tones from chart on this
site. Filled selections mode color and adjusted opacity.
7. Used same technique as 6. for hat, emblem, and eyes.
8. Selected backdrop using quick mask. Adjusted hue/saturation till I
liked resulting color.
9. Used smudge tool to blend edges.
10. Flattened and saved as 800 wide jpeg.
It felt good to do another challenge. Had a lot of fun. More to come.
See you around RP.