Registered: May 2006
Location: Royal Palm Beach, FL
I want to thank Mig, who pointed me to the Blend-if options. I had been meaning to figure them out for a long time!
1. Duplicate background- Multiply mode
2. Duplicate again - Normal mode
3. Color fill layer, dark gray, Color mode
4. Gradient Fill black-> white, Multiply Mode to darken top scratches
5. Another Color Fill layer, black, Overlay mode 13%
6. Composite layer, and kept it as copied.
7. Composite layer, but blurred with Dust and Scratches filter to get rid of scratches. Used blend if options to let original face show thru, with minimum of background scratches. Multiply mode
8. Composite mode, Artistic Filter for Underpainting, Sand texture, Blend Darken mode 24%. Used Blend If sliders to clear out face area, but leave background.
9. Created Composite layer and blended in Luminosity mode.
This was really a challenge, but I learned a lot!