Registered: August 2001
|Submitted by Jeff Guay:
"I have recently started the hobby myself of restoring photos, I've done several now for some friends and family. She, my wife, was so impressed on how they were coming out she started digging... and found a couple old photos of herself that from what I gathered are the only photos of her, I told her that I would really give it a shot to fix it and even attempt to colorize it too. If you look at the lower left of the picture you will see where a mouse had been chewing on the photo and also it appears the picture has been stained across her face, looks like a shadow, I don't think it should be in the photo, it is a studio shot. Also there are what looks like rust stains on the photo. A couple of hints on the color, her hair is blond and her eyes are olive green, she also has native Indian in her family blood.
The photo is 43 years old...
I challenge anyone to repair the photo and to colorize it. I will make the attempt myself."
Challenge: Restore and colorize this photo. Description mandatory
Do your best to restore "Jeff's Challenge", and post the results here using the following guidelines:
- Make sure you're using the largest version of the Challenge photo
- Enter your name in "Enter a title for the photo"
- Enter the Challenge type and number in "Descriptive Keywords" (ie: "Photo-Art Challenge #501" or "Manipulation Challenge #132"
- Include a complete description of the steps you used under "Photo Description". (You might want to write it elsewhere and paste it here)
- Attach your file as an 800 pixel wide JPG file, compressed so that the overall file is under 200k (this usually means 60% compression).
- Make sure you post to the correct Challenge
- If you expect any comments for your entry, offer your comments to other entries
As always, there are no winners, no losers, no prizes, only a sharing and learning opportunity for everyone.
How you restore and how much you restore is up to you, as long as you fulfill the Challenge. Have fun, and good luck!
NOTE: As is the case for ALL RetouchPRO Challenges, there is NO expiration date on this Challenge. Even after other Challenges go up, feel free to upload your version
If you have an image you'd like to submit for a Challenge, read the FAQ (link up in the navbar)