RetouchPRO

Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

  Home · Search · Register  

Home » Challenges » Retouching Challenges » Retouching Challenge #32 « Previous image · Next image »
« more ·
38921Pageant_Head_Shot_1b.jpg
<<
2926babe_makeover.jpg
<
stockxpertcom_id2004451_size1.jpg
·
152371Pageant_Head_Shot_2.jpg
>
Retouching_Challenge_32_copy.jpg
>>
· more »

lee_the_flea
Click on image to view larger image

Photo Details
lee_the_flea



Junior Member

Registered: February 2008
Location: Cape Town
Posts: 19
users gallery
I know this challenge is somewhat old but I could not resist !!

I started off by smoothing out her skin and then duplicating the image and desaturating it. On the original image I duplicated the layer and set the blending mode to screen after which I played with oppacity until I was happy with the result, somewhere in the middle. I then dragged this image over the duplicated one after I flattened it. I left the skin slightly desaturated while I saturated other parts like the clothing, eyes and lips. I then applied a photo filter using an adjustment layer and brought out the filter colour with a soft brush. I chose my own colour, using the eyedropper to select a 'peachy' colour from the hat. I then flattened the image and selected the background after which I dropped the background in (copy/paste into) I smoothed out the edges. I then added the earrings, using a drop shadow. I got the eyelashes from another photo and used the lasso tool to roughly select them after which I dragged them across to the image in progress. I pulled down the oppacity so I could line them up over her eye. I used the transform tool to tweak and distort until they lined up perfectly. I erased the bits between the eyelashes still belonging to the image from which I copied it. Using levels I darkened the eyelash layer to make the eyelashes stand out a bit and then brought down the opacity of the layer so it blended more into the image. I flattened the image again and then added the butterflies which I selected from another photo. The background was white so this was easy. To finish off I added the white and black borders using canvas size and choosing the colours from the foreground colour in my tools bar.
· Date: 3/12/2008 · Views: 4686 · Filesize: 43.4kb, 388.4kb · Dimensions: 800 x 937 ·
Additional Info
Keywords: challenge 32, glamour retouching, girl with butterflies, in field
Print View


Author
Thread  
sheristanley
Junior Member

Registered: March 2008
Location: California
Posts: 4
3/20/2011 11:41pm

Adorable! Great background change!
This user is offline
Click here to see this users profile Click here to Send this user a Private Message Find more posts by this user Visit this user's gallery  

Powered by: PhotoPost PHP vB3 Enhanced
Copyright 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved