Mark Forums Read
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our
community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload images and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
join our community today
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact
Restoration Challenge #52
3 Smoking men
View Smaller Image
Registered: March 2010
1. Temporary boost density and contrast with levels layer to see uneven areas of fading.
2. Quick mask selection of each seperate faded area then applied curves layer mask and attempted to balance densities. Deleted temporary levels layer.
3. Retouch major defects using clone, patch, dodge and burn tools
4. Curves layer with mask for faces of the 2 standing men. Try to match density and contrast to seated man
5. Final retouch small spots etc.
6. Apply unsharp mask. Then added mask to skin tones only to soften the effect.
7. Was finished at this stage - however I did not like the cut off on the left hand side so borrowed the information and patched in
800 x 1104 ·
Registered: October 2004
You really got a lot of detail from that image, especiallt considering how faded it is. I'm amazed. I looked at it and couldn't see much of anything. Good work!
PHP vB3 Enhanced
Copyright 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.
All times are GMT -6. The time now is
-- RetouchPRO Fixed Width
-- RetouchPRO Variable Width
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved