Registered: October 2002
This is a composite of five photos: Victorian house, trick-or-treaters, tree and moon, witch, and cat.
1. Took a photo of a Victorian house (daylight), and adjusted the brightness, contrast and saturation (subtracted), to achieve a night-time effect.
2. Super-imposed house photo onto a black background and blended in.
3. Cut out a tree with moon in its branches to size, fit to right hand corner of house photo and blended edges.
4. Took an old black and white photo of trick-or-treaters, colorized it manually, then adjusted down (subtracted) some of the brightness and saturation. (Whew!)
5. Cut out photo of trick-or-treaters, resized to fit left hand bottom corner of house photo and blended edges.
6. Resized a photo of a flying witch, added drop shadow in a light color to bring it out on the black background, and pasted it on house photo.
7. Took a daytime photo of black cat, cut out from light background, added light colored drop shadow to create impression of light around cat, pasted to photo of house.