RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKVIS Support Forum Official support forum for the AKVIS line of plugins and applications.

Akvis Frames - who uses it? looking to swap frames

Old 12-15-2007, 12:41 PM

Akvis Frames - who uses it? looking to swap frames

Hi--I joined a few months ago, but because of ill health, I'm only now getting to the point of actually posting.

My wife and I run a small photo restoration business in the southwest of Scotland, and because of that ill health, I rely a LOT on plugin work. We also do a lot of tuition with disabled youngsters, primarily on image restoration/retouching and graphic design.

One of the big problems we've encountered recently (especially in reagrd to the kids) is that of framing. Does anyone else here use Akvis Frame Suite? If so, we're interested in swapping frame units. Get in touch if this interests you.

All the Best

Scots

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-19-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 10:51 AM

Re: Akvis Frames - who uses it? looking to swap fr

I'm not a user of Akvis Frame Suite...

Have you looked into Photoshop actions for making frames?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 PM

Danny

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Photoshop Actions were how most of the frames I have used until recently have been constructed, but there's no way individual actions are going to be able to cope with the number of frames I may be called on to produce in the new year, if the contract I've bid for goes through.

As I said in my intro, my wife and I run a small photo restoration outfit here, and I've been given the nod that I am in the running for a five year exclusive contract working for a branch of the Scottish Government. If this is anything like the last such contract I had, I'm going to be restoring something in excess of 50 000 pre WW1 photographs/lithographs/tintypes, so individual actions are going to be out of the question, strictly through the time factor alone. This is why I had the idea of kicking the process up a gear by using something like Akvis. So long as I can get hold of the frame units, this would give me a never ending supply of new frames.

May I take this opportunity to wish all readers of this forum all best wishes for the upcoming festivities.

Scots
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2007, 09:45 PM

I hope I've understood you correctly. If so, I guess Frame Suite will help you.
It allows using your own textures.
You can create your library with pictures (it doesn't matter which image size) and even add your library to the program library. Just re-zip it. Then use these pictures as textures for the effects: Classic Frame and Pattern.
We can give more instructions if you need.
You can try the software during 10 days. Please test it and send your questions.

I wish all of you guys Happy Holidays!

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Talking Re: Akvis Frames - who uses it? looking to swap fr

Hi Scots,

I've used Frame Suite a bit, but haven't made custom frames.

If you want endless frame choices, look into using onOne PhotoFrame or Auto FX Photographic Edges (these are among many choices listed under "Edges/borders/frames" on this page).

P.S.: I think I owe you an email! You wrote me some time ago, I began replying but got distracted and never finished...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Scots,
heh.. our FS has a very rich library and also you can load other pictures for frames.
We write (not overestimating) that it "allows creating an endless number of effect versions". You should click on a square of a texture to go to the library.
By adjusting the settings you get a lot of frames from one texture.
You can try all software for free trial and decide which one is to your taste.

plugsnpixels,
As far as I remember, you tested only version 1.0 of FS. I recommended you to have a look at the new version - v. 2.6.

Have a good day!

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Patron

Hi Kat,

Yes, I keep collecting each new version but need to plow through them and get everything updated! I hope to have some time over the holidays to get a bunch of pages on my site revised, including your own (I recently added some hi-end 3D apps which slowed me down due to the learning curve...).
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 AM

Plugsandpixels

I'm sending you (under a separate email) a PDF file of the type of unit I'm talking about. Don't worry about getting back to me: I know everyone is diving around like the proverbial headless chicken right now. New Year is time aplenty, my friend.

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone reading this the compliments of the season which is (almost!!!) on top of us. Here's hoping 2008 is everything you could wish for.

Scots
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Patron

Scots, please resend the file. When I didn't receive it I discovered I needed to update my email address on this forum, and just did. Hope no one else has written me lately-!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum