RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKVIS Support Forum Official support forum for the AKVIS line of plugins and applications.

Akvis plugins - upgrade policy, options

Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Re: Akvis plugins - upgrade policy, options

An upgrade at half the price of the full version is not bad, (if you are buying something like Photoshop) but it's not great if you are buying software that is more limited like AKVIS Sketch. I'm not trying to insult AKVIS, I like their products and have AKVIS Sketch 8.6 which I really like. I just think the upgrade price is too high for the features that were changed. In other words, the degree of changes to the program does not appear proportional to the upgrade price.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragg View Post
An upgrade at half the price of the full version is not bad, (if you are buying something like Photoshop) but it's not great if you are buying software that is more limited like AKVIS Sketch. I'm not trying to insult AKVIS, I like their products and have AKVIS Sketch 8.6 which I really like. I just think the upgrade price is too high for the features that were changed. In other words, the degree of changes to the program does not appear proportional to the upgrade price.
We think that version 9 is at least a 50 % improvement over our first version.
Also, we sell you the upgrade not only for this version (9.0) but for future versions.
We will only charge for an upgrade once, so if you want to wait until version 11 or 12 and upgrade then, you will be charged this modest sum.

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragg View Post
I just think the upgrade price is too high for the features that were changed. In other words, the degree of changes to the program does not appear proportional to the upgrade price.
According to the marginal economic theory , value is a subjective concept. So everyone can decide for himself if the upgrade is worth the money. If we look from the developer's point of view - they also have to decide whether they want to develop the program further and offer the upgrade for free.

I'm a loyal customer of Microsoft (out of necessity), but still they are not dying to give me a free license to Windows 7.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum