RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AKVIS Support Forum Official support forum for the AKVIS line of plugins and applications.

Akvis plugins - upgrade policy, options

Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM

Akvis plugins - upgrade policy, options

See

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/27450-akvis-sketch-9-thoughts-upgrade-etc.html

...for version 9 technical discussion.

==================

Upgrade policy (the topic of this newly created thread) is worthy of separate discussion.

-dannyr-

==============

This may be a good upgrade to Akvis sketch 8.6. As a loyal Akvis customer (I have 4 of your programs), I will have to say I was a bit disappointed that users of sketch from the start will now have to buy this upgrade.

Steve C.

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 09-12-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2009, 11:05 PM

Re: REVIEW: Akvis Sketch plugin

Steve,
This is the first time since our first release of Sketch (9 versions ago) that we have charged for an upgrade. Consider that other companies charge for each new release of their products, sometimes offering only a small discount.
We do not intend at this time to charge for future versions.

Andrew,
Thank you for your kind words! We hope that our software is helpful and fun to use.

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akvis View Post
Steve,
This is the first time since our first release of Sketch (9 versions ago) that we have charged for an upgrade. Consider that other companies charge for each new release of their products, sometimes offering only a small discount.
We do not intend at this time to charge for future versions.

Kat
I found this thread (and site which looks great by the way) while looking for reviews on Sketch version 9 to see if the upgrade was worth investing in and I just wanted to throw in my opinion for what it's worth.

I just bought version 8.x six months ago so the $39 upgrade stings. For users that have been using your product for quite some time I can understand the $39 cost but for those of us who just shelled out $72 the upgrade seems high. How about emailing all your customers who've bought in 2009 a discount coupon for a few bucks off to help salve the wound?

The poor folks who bought in May and June are in even worse shape than I am.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 01:59 AM

Hi Robbie!

We offered our customers that "who bought the program in July-August 2009 can upgrade the program for free".

Hm.. we can give you a discount, I'll write you a PM.

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Thanks!

I downloaded version 9 yesterday and it looks great. I noticed a speed improvement right off.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie R View Post
I found this thread (and site which looks great by the way) while looking for reviews on Sketch version 9 to see if the upgrade was worth investing in and I just wanted to throw in my opinion for what it's worth.

I just bought version 8.x six months ago so the $39 upgrade stings. For users that have been using your product for quite some time I can understand the $39 cost but for those of us who just shelled out $72 the upgrade seems high. How about emailing all your customers who've bought in 2009 a discount coupon for a few bucks off to help salve the wound?

The poor folks who bought in May and June are in even worse shape than I am.
Will be interesting to see what kind of discount they offer you.

I have been using sketch since the beginning, or nearly so, and they offered me nothing except the measly 10% that all users get. All previous upgrades were free to Akvis customers.

I have purchased four of their products, but I guess loyalty is not enough anymore.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2009, 02:57 PM

FWIW, you can win a free copy of Akvis Sketch. The contest ends Sept. 13, 2009.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 PM

Hi guys,

If you are a loyal customer and want a discount why don't you ask us directly? When we
receive requests for discounts we can go ahead and give it. Each case is considered
individually.

For example, if one wants several AKVIS programs, or already has several and wants
another, he or she can ask - and we usually give an extra discount. Or give discounts for
students and teachers if they ask.

Whomever wants - should just ask.

I already wrote about the upgrade. It's very small sum for version 9.0.

You can stay with version 8.6 - it's a quite good version too. What prevents you from staying with version 8.6?

We keep old versions at akvis.com and give you a link and send a reminder of your key if you ask. Our support is quite friendly, just contact them if you have questions.

Also, this topic is about the Sketch features, if you want to discuss anything else please
visit the Vendor Support forum http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/akvis-support-forum/

Kat
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
If I down load the new version will it mess up the old version if I decide not to purchase?

I agree with you Steve. I realize these guys need to make some profit for their efforts, but the discount should be greater.

I'm still have issues with there 10 day evaluation policy and this is not the norm...most companies provide 30 day evaluation.

A good customer model at the moment is Topaz...great products, great prices, great support...my 2 cents.
Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks.

Steve C.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Re: Akvis plugins - upgrade policy, options

See

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/27450-akvis-sketch-9-thoughts-upgrade-etc.html

...for version 9 technical discussion.

==================

Upgrade policy is a worthy, but different topic.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Tools > Vendor Support > AKVIS Support Forum