RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Art Tag
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Art Tag Community Art Project where multiple players pass an image along until it is completed

Art Tag - Magnify

Old 07-16-2003, 02:56 PM

This round was done a little differently. Most players got to work in both group 1 and group 2, just in a different order of play. I had roughly 7 players although some did not respond and some left town on me (smile), so I had to do a little adjusting of the order. I made a list of the players 1-7. In group one, the game ran in that order; but for group two, it ran in reverse order. Just to make things a little more interesting. I hope everyone had fun!

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 03:17 PM

I took part only in Group 1. I added the strange hallway in the background and distorted the dragonfly in the magnifying glass.

Toad
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 03:31 PM

I really liked the hallway you added. It added quite the mysterious feel to the image and really gave the group a strong theme to follow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 03:39 PM

Very cool! I took part in both groups.

In Group 1, I was near the end - I added the circular "fog". I have no idea what effect I was trying to create. I was at a loss for what to do, had company and didn't want to hold things up too long, so I added the first (lame) idea that came to mind.

In Group 2, I was first. That's my cat - extracted from a picture of her looking at toys through a glass table top - and liquified a bit to make her face seem somewhat magnified. I got a real kick out of watching the progression of this one! And the text - LOL!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Jeaniesa wrote:
I got a real kick out of watching the progression of this one! And the text - LOL!
Thanks! It was the expression on the cat that gave me the idea.

Toad, great idea with the hallway. T Paul's right, it did give the image a strong, mysterious feeling.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 05:33 PM

Wow - way cool. They both came out great and went in such different directions! Great job.

Sorry I missed this one

I'll be away for the next one --- more
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 10:38 PM

I was first in #1 and added the dragonfly. It was an EPS that I imported from Illustrator and colorized in Photoshop. I too, particularly like Toad's addition of the hallway and distorting the len's dragonfly. But, you know, the Blue guy was a very important element to making that first image.

On the second image I was fourth and was rather heavy handed, I'm afraid. It just seemed to be a natural scene developing and I thought it needed an outdoor background. The picture came from an older Corel Photo CD of Western Canada and I added the orange moth just for color balance.

This is great fun.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM

Welles, I love the outdoor background you added to the second one! It really "sets the scene"!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2003, 11:15 PM

I got to play in both groups I love how both of these came out. I also love how everyone made bold moves on both of them, it really propelled them into different worlds.

Group 1: I added the blue man and hand. I started out with normal skin color then stumbled on the idea of using the dragonfly colors and doing a subtle dragonfly wing on the blue guys cheek.

Group 2: I was after the bird and the cat (both very cool). I added the worm, moved the cats eyes to look at the bird, added a reflection of the bird, added a reflection of an eye behind the bird, and added a subtle background. I loved the idea of the different layers that come from the cat watching and the bird safe - but the worm not - all being watched by a mysterios person ... anyway, you get the idea.

Congratulations to all. These both rock!

Roger
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Art Tag