Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Art Tag
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Art Tag Community Art Project where multiple players pass an image along until it is completed

Art Tag-White Horse

Old 08-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Roger I really like the addition of the woodland creatures as it really strengthens the fantasy theme. As for the water...the perspective seems a bit off and it looks like the stream is flowing vertically vs. flowing through the meadow. Perhaps if you experimented with the perspective transformation in PhotoShop you might be able to tweak it to make it look more realisitc. Don't know what else to suggest as perspective always gives me trouble.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Hi all,
amazing how this has turned out. Great work from all of you.I added the other imaginary horses.It was 1 am and i was so sleepy to think of anything creative.
Paul, how much time do each of us get to work on the image?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Nice job, everyone! Once again all the elements hang together and reinforce one another.

Your creek would have diminished to a tiny thread by the time it had gotten above the unicorn's haunches, perspectively speaking. Nice job with the little sprite/fairy additions.

I think part of the game is to get your addition to the composition done as fast as possible. That will always vary depending on how long it is until the Tag notice, once sent, is received by the artist and the circumstances of their lives at that moment. On this one I was outside doing chores and it I didn't receive notice for nearly two hours. I had added the flowers in the foreground (deciding on my addition, finding the flower picture, doing the selection, modifying the greens to fit the original hues present in the field, and motion blurring them to keep the moving unicorn the focal point) and uploaded in about an hour and a half from the time I downloaded the image.

Your additions are always understated and important! I particularly like the little bubbles... I had toyed with the idea of adding bubbles to the scene before settling on the flower foreground.

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-15-2003, 10:58 PM
T_Paul & Welles

Thank you for your honest critiques, you are right now that I look at it with these fresh eyes.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Art Tag