RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > The BEST of Photo-Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The BEST of Photo-Art This subform contains links to several outstanding examples of photo-art tutorials, methods and posts within this forum. This is a good place to start for those new to this forum.

Do you recognize the Author of this Masterpiece?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 PM

Re: Do you recognize the Author of this Masterpiec

Transparency: The relative "see through-ness" of a layer in photoshop (I tend to use 33% to 66% in the settings for the layer)

By edge enhancement, I meant a number of different ways to sharpen and darken edges only. One I used around that time was the sketch system (it's here on RTP, search for easy sketch), This was made on an upper layer, then soft or hard lighted over the image, again with transparency.

Another way is to do the sketch-thing, then select black, invert and delete everything not-black, gauss blur to soften edges a little, then overlay onto lower layer image.

Tools: Mainly PS itself, and the Impressionist plugin, Buzz to soften colours and smooth them together (not always used, it's a little harsh/strong). Paint Engine is also a good starting point.

I use many layers, testing and discarding, adjusting transparency and overlay type (overlay, soft light, hard light). The base layer is the image, copied up to new layers, buzz'd or Impressionisted, then transparency over each, or over the base layer (sometimes I turn that off (not visible) so it doesn't interfere with the upper layer transparency.

anothe thing to do is when it's all done and looks hot, copy the base layer (original image) right to the very top new layer and make it a color layer in the layer properties - this returns the original images colour values to all the worked on layers, great for flowers and colourful bird pictures.

Last edited by Fluffbutt; 04-24-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 PM

This has nothing to do with this thread but just to humour me how did you come up with Fluffbutt as your name here? People think I'm Swedish because I mixed my first name and my last. Just wondering.

Joe Vendramin
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2009, 09:53 PM

See my avatar? His name is Casey Flufbutt - he's a 9 yr olf Birman, and has the sweetest gentlest nature of any cat I've known.

Casey is is name, Fluffbutt is a nickname because, well you know how cats do the "Talk to the butt" thing when you want them to do something - with him all you see is FLUFF, no butt LOL!! Hence Fluffbutt.

I'm him, online, acting like him and rubbing around nice peoples ankles and Purrring a lot..
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 PM

Cool. Your insane.

Joe
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeven View Post
Cool. Your insane.

Joe
Yup, and cat paws typing give a lot of typos.. "is is" what the hell is that? LOL!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffbutt View Post
See my avatar? His name is Casey Flufbutt - he's a 9 yr olf Birman, and has the sweetest gentlest nature of any cat I've known.

Casey is is name, Fluffbutt is a nickname because, well you know how cats do the "Talk to the butt" thing when you want them to do something - with him all you see is FLUFF, no butt LOL!! Hence Fluffbutt.

I'm him, online, acting like him and rubbing around nice peoples ankles and Purrring a lot..
Like yourself I've used my cat's name for my username Sergio things is it took a long time in this forum before people realised I am a woman by the name of helen which I had to remind them lol I got a lot of stick when i was a newbie it might i've been to do with the name sergio lol. Love the name Fluffbutt.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
it's been a long while since i had my old orange tabby, but i certainly recognize a true cat person when i see one lol... "Talk to the butt"
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 PM

I just had to put my 20 year old buddy joined at the hip cat to sleep today. Hard it was.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936 View Post
I just had to put my 20 year old buddy joined at the hip cat to sleep today. Hard it was.
So sorry to hear that, George, I went through this last october and can imagine how you feel.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936 View Post
I am so sorry to hear that George times do heal, my tabby is 19 years old whilst he is still running around go for his daily walk around the block with me I am in tender hook for any little ailment, cough, quietness I am bracing myself already. Animal do become part of our lives my cat is joined at my hip too.

Take care we are all with you.

helen
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > The BEST of Photo-Art