RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Photoshop Channel Chops (1998) *Book*

Old 09-23-2005, 07:56 PM

Photoshop Channel Chops (1998) *Book*

Photoshop Channel Chops (1998)

Hi, I been looking everywhere for this book. Anybody got a copy that they would like to sell?
Thank you.

loc
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-23-2005, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meok
Photoshop Channel Chops (1998)

Hi, I been looking everywhere for this book. Anybody got a copy that they would like to sell?
Thank you.

loc
Great book. It shows up occasionally on eBay, where I got my copy a couple years ago.

As an alternative consider looking into Photoshop Masking and Compositing, by Katrin Eismann. IMO it covers a similar range of topics in more breadth and depth, plus takes into account functional enhancements to Photoshop implemented since PS4, the version on which CC is based.

Good luck on your hunt and welcome to RetouchPRO.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2005, 06:04 AM

Thanks for your reply and suggestion DannyRaphael.
That Channel Chops has been a tough cookie to find. I've seen people charge 600$+ for it used. Must be some magical photoshop spells in there!

Thanks for welcoming me to RetouchPro, I been lurking around for ages!
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Smile Channel Books

I just bought Scott Kelby's book "The Photoshop channels Book". I also have two copies of "Photoshop Channel CHOPS". After going thru only three chapters of Kelby"s book I can tell you that Kelby's book is very practical and goes into great detail right away (but it is clear and easy to understand). Its great for channel masking, etc. and is the book to have even if your are an experienced user of Photoshop. "Photoshop Channel CHOPS" is a great book and if you can get a copy, do it, but first get Kelby's book.

It doesn't mess around on how to make selections with other tools and goes right into how to use channels for selections, blending, etc., a must have.

Leon
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-11-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Feigenbutz
I just bought Scott Kelby's book "The Photoshop channels Book". I also have two copies of "Photoshop Channel CHOPS"...

Leon
Hi Leon... Welcome aboard. Appreciate the info on Kelby's new book. This is a very useful first post here at RP. Keep 'em coming.

I've got a copy on order myself. Glad to hear the info is practical and written in an easy to understand style, characteristics that typify many of his books.

re: "I also have two copies of "Photoshop Channel CHOPS."
Keep your eye on the 2nd hand book market before parting with either of these. This title has apparently become somewhat of a collector's item.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-12-2006, 05:46 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I've been on the lookout for "Channel Chops" for some time. No luck. And I've also wondered about Scott's new book. Glad to hear it's a good one. I like his style. BTW, welcome aboard!

Ed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds