Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Big Business Oppertunity In India

Old 09-24-2005, 07:26 AM

Hello Freinds And Designers,

Last edited by manpreetahuja; 12-20-2006 at 02:17 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2005, 10:38 AM
This is probably very politically inappropriate.......(rest deleted, probably a full moon)

Last edited by Cassidy; 09-24-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow, Cass.... You're might fiery today

It is pretty disgusting when someone tries to sell you something and doesn't have the decency to learn how to say it properly. I'm sure that their artistic abilities are as challenged as their social ones...

Now settle down and take a deep breathe... I'm sure that MANPRITAHUJA meant no harm.. he just doesn't know any better..

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-26-2005, 09:12 AM
mmm dodgey

I received an email from this guy saying he was a photographer wanting retouching work done...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't even have words for this...well maybe I have an acronym (sp?)

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Thumbs up

One word: Unbelievable..... Sorry two words: unbelievably distasteful... should I try for three?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2005, 08:11 PM
In all fairness

It is pretty disgusting when someone tries to sell you something and doesn't have the decency to learn how to say it properly. I'm sure that their artistic abilities are as challenged as their social ones...
why don't you try insulting him in his language?

I know.. you are upset.. we all were when cut rate competition showed up. but you are only looking at the thumbnail (small picture). Isn't this all really just another step in the long march of progress?

Prior to the industrial revolution upwards of 80% of the western world lived in the country and always had since the ascent of man.

With electricity, factories were able to expand swiftly and the assembly line came into being . The factories competed for labor and the rising wage lured the population from a rural life where mechanical devices were replacing the family farms with larger, less labor intensive ones.

Industrial growth multiplied itself as WWII approached and afterward even more, both here in the states and in the recovery of all the devastated areas of the world.
The US became the leader by default. profiting, if unintentionally, from the ruins of others, friend and foe alike.

Those workers who came to the cities were as anxious and willing to work as manpreetahuja and his associates appear to be at this time to eke out a decent living for themselves and their loved ones.

Circumstance as much as hard work turned America into a economic powerhouse. But Alas! America’s financial sector went international and at a bad time…
Automation was replacing a workforce that had grown soft and less willing to produce at maximum effort on an individual level.
Maybe we educated the wrong people.. those born to privilege at the price of those gifted from the working class.. Our women were put to work .. oops liberated into the workforce …. softening family values perhaps.

Automation cut into male employment job styles first.. embracing the more passive sex in a labor market that culled them for the traits the family needed most.

Then along came the computer and the information age… multi-tasking followed by outsourcing and off shoring . Labor is becoming global, and throwing insults at fellow workers is, as I say just looking at the thumbnail.

Even the developing countries will automate over time . So as the worlds population grows the labor need shrinks.. So provided we don’t all get melted following some minor nuclear conflict we will all need to realign ourselves to a less labor intensive future..

Maybe welfare is affordable.. a decent life for the less ambitious. Some folks enjoy work.. let them, they are better at it. Reward them.
Isn’t a lot of the work done now un-needed and counter productive anyhow? Take advertising .. it sure adds cost to products we often don’t need, but isn’t it also a reason for the “have-nots” to feel deprived?

So maybe we should reach out with friendship to manpreetahuja and others. They are just following in our footsteps.

Nuff said
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Really sorry this was decades ago.. just couldn't help it.
I don't think Mr. Manpreetahuja understands english, he talks it but he can't understand it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-28-2006, 09:59 AM
everyone that's upset by this, just read The World is Flat by Tom Friedman.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds