RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Free Photoshop plug-in ezine now available

Old 12-01-2005, 09:52 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Arrow Free Photoshop plug-in ezine now available

The first 20-page issue of the new Plugs 'N Pixels ezine is now available for free download from http://www.plugsnpixels.com/ezine.html (no registration required).

There's a cool tutorial about using several different plug-ins to create the firey cover image, as well as visual examples and information about a number of currently available Photoshop-compatible plug-ins.

Come and get it!

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 AM

hi mike,

i see no one has responded here yet, so i thought i'd welcome you to RP

just a few comments here; i'm glad to see an ezine of this nature, but posting in this forum (the Restoration, Retouching and Manipulation) is a bit out of place for this type of post. it's ok by me, but then i'm not a moderator here also, speaking only for myself here, i'm a bit reluctant to download anything of which i'm not familiar with the person, the content and so on. viruses, spam, spyware and so on, make downloading these days an adventure. please understand, i'm NOT accusing you of doing anything suspicious or unethical. it's just that one tends to get a bit uneasy over such things and a bit paranoid after being burned a few times. and, even ignoring all of the above, harddrive space isnt always at a premium.

with all of that in mind, i'm curious why you're only offering this as a download. why not have the pages as web pages that one could read like a magazine online? like i said above, i think this is a great idea. there are many, many plugins out there and that someone is making an attempt to sort these out and categorize them and help others locate and use these is a great idea. i'm surprised no one else has done anything of this nature before. i, myself, have quite probably 100 various plugins, painters, and other graphical programs, both installed and just taking up space on my drives. if someone were to create a centralized helps and tutorials web site on even just the plugins, i would quite probably visit that site often.

perhaps an option would serve best here, downloaded ezine or web pages ezine. those that wanted to download and peruse off-line could do so, and those that wanted to go page by page on-line could also do so.

i could easily see your site expanded into something more comprehensive and perhaps even, heaven forbid, profitable. so, i'm extending you this offer to open a dialog here in the forums about this. communication opens the doors, resolves problems and sets minds to ease. so, i extend the invitation to do so.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Patron

Smile New issue is ready!

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply!

First, issue #2 is live, so have at it! I'll look around the forums here to see where else it might be appropriate to post the news.

I create my materials on a Mac so you don't need to fear viruses, at least not from me. I don't have any to share. Nor have I ever caught anything from downloading, but we'll do Mac promotion another time... ;-)

The way I have it set up at the moment, the ezine compliments the website. I did think about making the website downloadable; we'll see. There are software utilities that allow one to grab entire websites in one shot, so anyone is free to do that in the meantime.

I've always loved plugins, and the sites dedicated to them that I have found thus far on the web have been less that satisfying. Also, I've got so many plugins on hand I needed to make some sort of charts so I knew what I had! So by helping myself, I also hope to help others.

As for profitability, no, not yet, but affiliate sales will help in time. I just signed on for a more serious web hosting package due to the bandwidth required, so that took a little bite.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Patron

Smile New issues are ready!

Issues #2 and 3 are live!

Last edited by plugsnpixels; 12-24-2005 at 06:16 PM. Reason: updating info
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Patron

Smile

I just released issue #4 of the ezine, featuring terrain generating applications and chroma keying plug-ins, etc.

http://www.plugsnpixels.com/ezine.html

Mike
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Patron

Fantastic Ezine Mike.

I need to start exploring RetouchPRO forums more. Keep up the good work. Just bookmarked your site; very big fan of plugins. I'm going to spread the work to DPR's Retouch forum as well.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Patron

Thumbs down

Well thanks for the kind words!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2006, 05:55 PM
Patron

Arrow

I released issue 5 of the free Plugs 'N Pixels ezine today! It features natural media applications--turn your photos into artwork, or paint your own masterpiece.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Patron

Smile

Issue #6 of Plugs 'N Pixels is now available! Learn about software for converting color photos to monochrome.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Patron

Another fantastic one. I do have to say, when I opened the PDF file, that the following message popped up: The font 'VQQMPK+GillSans' contains an invalid encoding. Some characters may not display.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds