Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

full-time positions available

Old 05-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Exclamation full-time positions available

XYZ Graphics - Los Angeles is currently looking to hire 2 fulltime 2nd shift retouchers.

what we expect: must be willing to work a normal "on-site" job here with the shift starting at 4pm each day. shifts range from 8 hours on average to 12 hours when things get ugly. when we're not slammed, the opportunity is there to work a short day of course. applicant must have a minimum of 4 years experience in CMYK workflow and be able to make color corrections based off of percentages instead of strictly appearance on the monitor. about 65% of our workload is cmyk while the rest is RGB. additionally, applicant must be willing to accept opinions and art direction and modify files as needed. this job can be demanding but is also very rewarding and is an opportunity to both stretch your wings and pick up some good info from a very talented existing team as well.

what we are willing to offer for your trouble: XYZ Graphics offers a competitive salary based on experience, a benefits package with medical, dental and vision paid 100% for not only you but also your spouse and dependents, and a killer work environment with a team of incredibly talented folks. also, we have paid vacation that accrues at the rate of 2 weeks annually for the first 2 years and ramps up to a full paid month over a period of time as well as a 401k program. we know that everybody works hard so we do our best to make time spent here as enjoyable as possible with the radio echoing through the shop and a bbq available for use at lunch. also, each workstation is in its own studio area and is equipped with a 42" plasma monitor for the main screen and a 19" lcd for palettes. each station also has a 9x12 intuos wacom tablet.

please email a resume to we will also be running an ad in the LA Times this sunday but i'm rather hoping to find someone from this board since i know there is some talent lurking around.

Jake Rogers
Plant Manager
XYZ Graphics - Los Angeles

Last edited by oceanjake; 05-17-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Sounds great. If I were in LA I'd apply myself. You wouldn't hire freelancers would you?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
re: freelancers

freelancers are utilized as needed but frankly the need is a little rare. we have another studio in san francisco and when we we need help we are able to fly someone down that's already familiar with the work and workflows.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2006, 02:56 PM
how about ny? anything out here?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Wink just responded to another thread

Just responded to an older thread but I can reiterate.

I was born into a CMYK world about 17 years ago when retouching was done on a $800,000 HELL-Combi workstation or Scitex system and cost $500.00 an hour. So yeah, I know cmyk... Actually I only work RGB now due do the broader gamut and new repurposing workflows.

I am actually thinking about moving down to LA/orange county area.. thats where I grew up. I worked for Primary Color for quite a while.. actally help them set up there LA imaging dept many years ago.

I think I actually work for one of your competitors in the SF Bay area. I was the Pixxon Studio Retoucher a while back then we sold to a company called Schawk. I know a few people that went to XYZ here in the city.. Isnt that Steve Waterloo's company?

Anyways... I might be interested.. sounds right up my alley. Ive been keeping my eye out for the right opportunity, but I have a pretty sweet setup where Im at so It would take some convincing for me to leave. I.E. great clients, sweet workstation/studio setup, comparable salary, fun environment...etc.

Last edited by mchawkes; 06-15-2006 at 02:24 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 AM

when you're serious about moving down here, email me a resume at sounds like you have the work experience though. actually, i also worked at primary color for 6 years. i worked in the irvine office though. the work that we do here at XYZ is a little more creative than what the typical jobs were at primary when i was there. keeps things interesting, and the collaborative work that we do with our clients is refreshing.

yes shawk is one of the competitors up in SF. in fact they too have an LA branch as well. one of our current retouchers here came from pixxon. i wonder if you know each other. small world when you get into the print industry.

i'll look forward to hearing from you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Re: full-time positions available

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob the other night at Cat & The Fiddle.
Heard all about XYZ. I look forward to seeing the LA location one Thursday.
Say hi to everyone I know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2007, 08:17 AM
NEW positions opening soon

'07 has opened with a bang. as such, XYZ has a huge interest in seeking out the hotshots in the LA area with the ability to meet our demands as well as those of our clients. Please contact me if interested. Positions will be open within 45 days.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Re: full-time positions available

The location is good and I'm sure I would be an asset to your operation as a high edn retoucher, but the shift is bad for me - anything open first shift?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds