RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Do I use freelancers or a company - advice please

Old 08-23-2006, 01:51 PM

Do I use freelancers or a company - advice please

Hi

I have a small UK company working overnight (relative to London) which works well, the retouching being carried out overseas via ftp transfer. I have an excellent and personal relationship with this NZ company. It will be expanding significantly over the next few months having aquired a golden intro to many large uk corporates, which I intend to fully exploit.

It doesn't seem to be worth hitting these companies for just occasional overnight rush work, my thinking being to present a 24 hour solution to them. In the future with a guaranteed work load, it will be (relatively) straightforward to develop a relationship with freelancers or a company to carry out this work.

For now, I am looking to find freelancers or a retouch company that could cover this work for me? (I am looking for relationships rather than one night stands)

It's worth noting I have a charging system where we charge in 15 minute blocks with a few pounds premium on the first 15 minutes to cover uploading and downloading the image. Also we work on original files so file sizes can be upto 50mb per image.

Regards

martin@overnightimages.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2006, 04:18 AM

Hi Martin,

I too have a small company serving a select few clients predominantly in the London area although we are based in Bucks. We would love to provide retouching services for you but naturally would like to find out more details and arrange a meeting (if possible) to discuss objectives etc.

We have a dedicated four strong retouching team with experience in a wide variety of disciplines including fashion and beauty, carwork, fine-art and glossy magazine titles.

Our two Senior retouchers have over 40 years combined experience at the highest level for a number of blue chip clients.

Middleweight retouchers have over five years experience.

We look forward to your reply,

paul@e-touchcreate.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2006, 10:58 AM

Re: Do I use freelancers or a company - advice please

Please send me some more information about your company and guide me through your gallery to see your retouching styles. I'm a freelancer from Sweden and are open for disucussion.

Lorenzo@solpyraphoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin George
Hi

I have a small UK company working overnight (relative to London) which works well, the retouching being carried out overseas via ftp transfer. I have an excellent and personal relationship with this NZ company. It will be expanding significantly over the next few months having aquired a golden intro to many large uk corporates, which I intend to fully exploit.

It doesn't seem to be worth hitting these companies for just occasional overnight rush work, my thinking being to present a 24 hour solution to them. In the future with a guaranteed work load, it will be (relatively) straightforward to develop a relationship with freelancers or a company to carry out this work.

For now, I am looking to find freelancers or a retouch company that could cover this work for me? (I am looking for relationships rather than one night stands)

It's worth noting I have a charging system where we charge in 15 minute blocks with a few pounds premium on the first 15 minutes to cover uploading and downloading the image. Also we work on original files so file sizes can be upto 50mb per image.

Regards

martin@overnightimages.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM

I think you are right on track with offering them a 24 hour solution. It will save you time and effort to have to present just once instead of many times.
Keep in mind that the other companies being aquiered will more than likely have their own freelancers, so your 24 hour bid stands on your past reliability and ability.

Good Luck!

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2006, 09:14 AM

From your website:

"As it can be hard, even were we face to face, to accurately predict how long a particular image may take to retouch we ask that you indicate the amount of time and the price that you expect to pay, and additionally were we to overrun from this estimate, what is the maximum amount of time you are willing to pay for to carry out the work. Please be assured that our reputation within the industry is very important and we will at all times work efficiently."

Have you had any problems with this? I have found that customers frequently have no idea how long things take. I too offer overnight work, but I always have to examine the images and then contact the cutomer to discuss if the work could actually be done that night. Usually I ask that the work be sent by 3:00 pm to give me enough time to evaluate it.

BTW, if your'e still looking for freelancers, I am available.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds