RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Looking for Wedding Photographer for southern CA.. who will

Old 09-06-2006, 08:01 PM

Looking for Wedding Photographer for southern CA.. who will

work with me to help me look my best, since I am so Unphotogenic. I would prefer someone with experience in portrait photography.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2006, 10:43 PM

I don't have any specific photographer recommendations, but I can share some insights...

* "SoCal" is pretty vague. Can you be more specific on location in case there are RetouchPRO members in that area?

* If you haven't yet, be sure to consider budget. A pro wedding photo shoot is going to cost at least $1,000 and up (probably way, WAY up [I priced wedding photographers in my area last year]). Know what you're willing/able to spend up front.

* Pro photographers are generally that: Photographers. They'll do their best to ensure people have their eyes open, zippers up, collars straight, hair not in the eyes, etc. But they typically are not makeup artists or fashion consultants. Part of looking your best will be up to you and your soul mate.

* If you haven't yet, google: choosing a wedding photographer
You'll find a lot of useful info on finding someone to help make your special day one to remember, including one in your area.

Good luck and congrats.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2006, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
I don't have any specific photographer recommendations, but I can share some insights...

* "SoCal" is pretty vague. Can you be more specific on location in case there are RetouchPRO members in that area?

* If you haven't yet, be sure to consider budget. A pro wedding photo shoot is going to cost at least $1,000 and up (probably way, WAY up [I priced wedding photographers in my area last year]). Know what you're willing/able to spend up front.

* Pro photographers are generally that: Photographers. They'll do their best to ensure people have their eyes open, zippers up, collars straight, hair not in the eyes, etc. But they typically are not makeup artists or fashion consultants. Part of looking your best will be up to you and your soul mate.

* If you haven't yet, google: choosing a wedding photographer
You'll find a lot of useful info on finding someone to help make your special day one to remember, including one in your area.

Good luck and congrats.
Thank you for your response. The wedding will most likely be in the Newport Beach area.
I don't mind paying for a good photographer, since I'd rather have a pro and have the best photos I can get. I realize that photographers are not makeup artists, and I plan to have my hair/makeup done professionally.
What I meant was, that I would like a photographer who will be sensitive to my wishes about how I want pictures, since I know which angles I look the worst. For example, I remember for my sis's wedding, she told the photographer that she didn't want alot of 'posed' pictures and not alot of closeups, but he still did them. I just want someone who will not make me do poses that 'he or she' thinks will look best, since I know from taking countless pics in the past (pro and amateur) that I look very bad in some angles, and don't look good AT all close up, unless they can work with me, to use good angles, lens, lightening, etc.
I just don't want the photographer to assume I'll look 'ok', but I simply don't like myself in certain poses, no matter what lightening.
I would just prefer very distanced photos, and not so much from the oblique angles, if possible. I don't want the photographer to think I'm a pain, but I just want nice photos that I will like (from what I know about my particular facial features in photos) since I will be paying $$$ for them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-09-2006, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmy
Thank you for your response. The wedding will most likely be in the Newport Beach area.
I don't mind paying for a good photographer, since I'd rather have a pro and have the best photos I can get. I realize that photographers are not makeup artists, and I plan to have my hair/makeup done professionally.
What I meant was, that I would like a photographer who will be sensitive to my wishes about how I want pictures, since I know which angles I look the worst. For example, I remember for my sis's wedding, she told the photographer that she didn't want alot of 'posed' pictures and not alot of closeups, but he still did them. I just want someone who will not make me do poses that 'he or she' thinks will look best, since I know from taking countless pics in the past (pro and amateur) that I look very bad in some angles, and don't look good AT all close up, unless they can work with me, to use good angles, lens, lightening, etc.
I just don't want the photographer to assume I'll look 'ok', but I simply don't like myself in certain poses, no matter what lightening.
I would just prefer very distanced photos, and not so much from the oblique angles, if possible. I don't want the photographer to think I'm a pain, but I just want nice photos that I will like (from what I know about my particular facial features in photos) since I will be paying $$$ for them.
re: Newport Beach
Ah, pretty area.

Looks like you've got good ideas on where you want to go, have taken costs into consideration and have your act together on makeup, hair, etc., all of which are good.

re: Your desires/photo preferences

What you have described is very reasonable. An accomplished wedding photographer should have no problem accomodating them.

re: I remember for my sis's wedding, she told the photographer that she didn't want alot of 'posed' pictures and not alot of closeups, but he still did them.

I understand where your sis was coming here and possibly why the photographer shoot them anyway: After the wedding there's no way to go back and "shoot formals and close-ups." Shooting them leaves the door open for you to change your mind after the fact if you (or other family members) see any you like - and, of course, for the photographer to make a few extra bucks. Since you'll most likely be paying for a wedding package of some sorts, e.g., X hours of photographer time vs. "per picture taken," it won't cost any more for the formals and closeups. You can still say "no thanks" if none are appealing.

-----------------

I was surfing via Google... here are a couple sites to get you started:
* http://www.grahamandgrahamphotograph...rtbeach10.html
* http://www.maephotographer.com/
* http://www.johnblomphotography.com/

Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds