RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

NEED: Business card designs!

Old 10-12-2006, 06:27 PM

Exclamation NEED: Business card designs!

Please help, I need someone to design me a business card.

The design of the card will be repeated through out my business' stationery and marketing materials.

The main colour must be green and must include the logo attached to this post.
The logo can be any colour and preferablly without the white background.
The format of the card must be portrait.

I'd prefer it if you used the 'dear joe' font for the title of the studio, you can download this from http://www.abstractfonts.com

Please go to: http://www.catkinstudio.com for contact info.

I will accept designs from anyone and the winning designer will recieve (in addition to a full link and acknowledgement online) £25 sent via paypal.

Please post your designs to this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg logo2.jpg (11.3 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2006, 07:38 PM

Re: NEED: Business card designs!

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound rude, but i'm not going to post my design in here for you to copy ideas from.

If you would like to hire me, send me a pm and i will link you to my portfolio and my email address and we can further discuss this.

You are basically asking people to give you designs for free in hopes that you might like the design and pay them for it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 AM

Hi, I don't think you are rude at all, it is a concern that I did think peple might pick up on when I posted, however I'm asking people to trust me. I know that some people won't but some will.

If anyone is uncomfortable sending me their ideas, then don't.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-14-2006, 10:49 AM

HI ...
I also want someone to make me an sample design for my business card...
If I like it I'll pay... no worries LOL

Last edited by i.ilievski; 10-14-2006 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 AM

That's the point, isn't it?

IF you guys like it, THEN you'll pay. Just TRUST us.

In the meantime people have expended their time, energy, and skill. And what happens if you get a bunch of designs you like... do you only pay for the one you like the most? What about the other ones you liked but just didn't want to pay for?

The point is... you don't go to five different lawyers, file five different lawsuits, and only pay for the one that wins.

Why are graphic designers treated this way? I hear stuff like this all the time and quite frankly it infuriates me. "Just come up with three different ideas and we'll take the one we like best." That's great. But what about the other two that I spent just as much time and energy on? You ordered them, you should have to pay for them.

Better yet, it would be more valuable to communicate what it is you want so that the designer doesn't have to take stabs in the dark to try and hit on something you might like. That way, the designer can focus all their creativity and skills into a better, more refined product that you'll be sure to like.

I'm not taking this out on you two personally. It's just that this kind of thing really grinds my gears.

I mean really... if it's just design ideas you want for a business card... why not just do a Google Image Search for Business Cards? You'll get thousands of ideas. Figure out the things you like or don't like and then approach a designer with your ideas so they can create something original, tailored just for you.

Why make a bunch of designers jump through hoops, exposing their work to theft, and with very little hopes of even getting paid? It shows no respect for us or the work we do. And if you think so little of our talent and skills, why should we provide free samples?

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 10:01 AM

I'm not taking this personally, I'm a professional photographer and many people expect prints of things for nothing. I'm not against hiring a graphic designer but I simply cannot afford £400 - £500 for a drawing. That's why I'm asking people on here.
If no one wants to post designs, then a link to past work would be great!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2006, 11:57 AM

As a photographer, if people want something for nothing, then they should do it themselves. Don't sell yourself short and work with people that expect things for nothing.

I can totally understand where these graphic designers are coming from. You don't hire them if you like the end result...you hire them to create a result. I would suggest trying out a forum with aspiring graphic designers if you would like something free - they might be more willing to do the work just to gain experience. At the same time, if you want it to look professional, you have to hire a professional. I know it sucks...I hate the expense that owning a business brings, but unfortunately, if you want to present yourself properly, you may have to pay for it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2006, 01:14 PM

hey feel free to check out my website (see the url in my signature) and if you like the style of the illustration I do I can design a card for ya!

thanks!
Carol
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-18-2006, 01:34 PM

Thumbs down Re: NEED: Business card designs!

First I'd like to say a BIG thank you for all of you who posted your designs to me, as well as here I have asked on a few other forums for designs as suggested and one has struck me in particular.
Thank you to Todd from GFX for your entry, I've sent you the winning £25 and I'll be updating my site very soon with your credit.
I'm sorry to everyone who didn't quite make the grade, your designs were very impressive and you should be very proud.

Once again, Thank you and I hope you have a very good day!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds