RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/classifieds/)
-   -   (position filled) Junior Retoucher Job Opening in NYC (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/classifieds/17649-position-filled-junior-retoucher-job-opening-nyc.html)

TheVeed 06-08-2007 11:09 AM

(position filled) Junior Retoucher Job Opening in NYC

Hey guys, the company I work for is looking for 1 or 2 junior retouchers. I'm not sure how much they earn, but I'm sure there's possibility for growth. This is full-time, on-site work in Tribeca/Soho neighborhood.

A junior retoucher is basically, from my understanding, someone with a year or two of high-end retouching experience. They have a really good grasp of Photoshop, but are mainly retouching, not meeting with clients or anything.

Anyone interested? Lemme know. It's a great company.

This ISN'T a job for beginning retouchers, or people barely learning Photoshop. And definitely not for recreational Photoshop users, or for those who blur skin. The job's for people with experience.

Ant 06-08-2007 01:26 PM

Re: Junior Retoucher Job Opening in NYC

I'm just curious as to where you work and if I know you...

madclark 06-08-2007 01:38 PM

Maybe not something you're allowed to post here but generally what salary range are you talking about? I've been curious about jumping ship for a Jr. position for some time now buy the extreme cut in salary has always been an issue.

Ant 06-08-2007 02:25 PM

The Veed wrote: 'I'm not sure how much they earn...'

Ballpark guess: 40-45k

TheVeed 06-09-2007 01:07 PM

That's my ballpark guess in salary, as well.

And Ant, nah, you definitely don't know me. I'm new to NY, less than 8 months here.

KR1156 06-09-2007 01:31 PM

thats a pretty rough salary in nyc....i dont know how people, (non right-out- of-college kids) do it. especially if they crossover and take a major pay cut. especially if you happen to live in manahttan!

Ant 06-09-2007 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR1156 (Post 157401)
thats a pretty rough salary in nyc....i dont know how people, (non right-out- of-college kids) do it. especially if they crossover and take a major pay cut. especially if you happen to live in manahttan!

Amen.

Veed, yeah, I found a page on you out there in the world. We don't know each other.

TheVeed 06-09-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

I agree. I live in Manhattan, and I wouldn't survive on that. But many others live in the outer burroughs or Jersey.

At any rate, it's the starting position at the company where I am. Always potential for growth.

Anyone else interested, just shoot me a pm.

Benny Profane 06-10-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Mom and Dad.

Amanda_Lauren 06-18-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVeed (Post 157322)
Hey guys, the company I work for is looking for 1 or 2 junior retouchers. I'm not sure how much they earn, but I'm sure there's possibility for growth. This is full-time, on-site work in Tribeca/Soho neighborhood.

A junior retoucher is basically, from my understanding, someone with a year or two of high-end retouching experience. They have a really good grasp of Photoshop, but are mainly retouching, not meeting with clients or anything.

Anyone interested? Lemme know. It's a great company.

This ISN'T a job for beginning retouchers, or people barely learning Photoshop. And definitely not for recreational Photoshop users, or for those who blur skin. The job's for people with experience.

Hey -
I see there is a position open for a junior retoucher. I graduated from the School of Visual Arts about a year ago. I've been trying to break out into the retouching industry for a while, and I'm interning at Channel Thirteen right now in the photography department retouching, archiving, scanning, etc. I am extremely interested in the job. I know my stuff and I' m quick learner. Let me know. I can send a resume.
-Amanda-