RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Needing someone to help please

Old 01-03-2008, 07:54 AM

Needing someone to help please

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is in the right section and I don't affend anyone.

I'm lucky to access to some of the stock photo sites, like Corbis, getty, iconphoto etc.. all not personal accounts ( a friends)

But I'm looking for someone who has access to these kind of sites with credentials, who has the abilaty to ask for certain photos from a photoshoot/photographer, generally most are sydication and you have to ask to view these pics. I'm only interested in Janet Jackson photoshoots (as I'm a huge fan)

This is for me/personal. I'm not here to make money,scam or anything. I know it's hard but I would be greatful for any help or info, also I would pay for any images,
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

Re: Needing someone to help please

in Corbis, getty, iconphoto... there are many photoshoots of Janet Jackson that we can't find in Google or search engine ?
I'm wondering, I think just search Google and you can find many photos of JJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Hey, I have searched on google and janet websites, I have most of the pics from sites like that, and I have seen the pics from corbis etc... when you do a search, but they are some that you have to have a special account with full access to everything,

Like there is a website that sydicates a certain photographer photos(with janet), I have emailed to ask for help but because I'm not a part of the professional area they will not help, like working for a magazine.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Patron

Do I have this right..

You want a professional with an account, who has a large financial investment involved, to allow a groupie/fan, whom they do not know, to have access to their account so that said groupie/fan can rummage around inside their professional account and get any image for free that the company has to pay dearly for..?

Is that the gist of this request?

If it is.. then why not ask a bank if you can go into their vault and and get a few of their dollars! After all, you just want to frame them and hang them on your wall, not spend them so it should be OK.

I may be wrong... but, I do believe your request will get lost in cyber space!
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 AM

You have got it wrong, thats not what I'm asking and really there is no need for your comment. I was only asking a question for some help or info, looks like I have come to the wrong place.

I'm not a groupie, I find your comment offensive, but there is always one who has to have an opinion like that

I don't want someones account and ''rummage'' around and get images for free.

Just forget it
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdunk View Post
You have got it wrong, thats not what I'm asking and really there is no need for your comment. I was only asking a question for some help or info, looks like I have come to the wrong place.

I'm not a groupie, I find your comment offensive, but there is always one who has to have an opinion like that
You have to realize what you're asking - it's pretty ridiculous.

People pay A LOT... A LOT to get access to these stock photo deposits. And then, they have their professional reputation on the line. That's like a bumb asking to have a few of his friends over to study paintings at my house because they're patrons of the arts.

It just doesn't fly - even if you decide for the next week you're not going to print them off and sell them on Ebay, you may years down the road. Stock photo originals last as long as you want to take care of them, assuming you don't get a virus.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialdunk View Post

I don't want someones account and ''rummage'' around and get images for free.

Just forget it
Actually, I think that OlBaldy had every right to make the comment s/he did.

I have an idea, why not purchase the images yourself
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-04-2008, 05:03 PM

I agree completely. This is an outright request for someone to assist you in the theft of someone else's property. It's no different than walking in someone's place of business, and helping yourself to whatever you want without paying for it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds