RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Photo Retoucher looking for a cooperation!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM

Exclamation Photo Retoucher looking for a cooperation!

We are professional photo retouchers. We work on-line, quickly and with high quality. You can see our examples of work in gallery.
We are looking for photographer or somebody for cooperation. We are waiting for your suggestions.
Please, visit our site.

Last edited by retouching; 03-22-2008 at 07:10 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM

Re: Photo Retoucher looking for a cooperation!

Listen, I .... just have to say this. If you're going to advertise yourself in the English speaking world, please work on your grammar and syntax.

And, why are you soliciting here? We're retouchers. We do it ourselves. Now, if you did tax prep, I'd be interested.......
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2008, 04:01 PM

Huh, 15-30$ in US? Photoshop~700, tablet~300, computer, monitor lets say~1500-3500$,
Color management~300, plus printer. We are looking at 2500-4500$ initial investment for work from home (not considering rent yet and education expense) now think how many images you can finish a day? I mean high quality job not quick fixes....

Last edited by DiamondsDr47; 03-20-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2008, 04:25 PM

We know that high-quality job is not so quick...
We put own money to begin the business. You think the prices should be higher? The majority of photographers considers even these prices high.
P.S. And how much is Your price (if it isn't secret)?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2008, 11:23 PM

Hi Retouching,

As DiamondsDr47 points out, the English in you post is wanting. I'd clarify that by disclosing who and where you are so there is utter tranparency. For such a request to have a chance of working, the post needs to reassure the photographer or retoucher that you are honest, won't vanish or contact their clients directly. Cloaked as you are with a pseuodnym, I personally would never send off the results of my hard work for someone, somewhere over the internet to retouch for me. Either I'd do it myself or hire someone with a face, address and reputation.

The price is not the issue, it's the "glue" for a relationship that is missing and that is believability and trust! I'm new to this forum, but if I myself wanted to get people to use my services, I'd first contribute here and become known. Use your real name and show enough work and ability to work with others so that you will naturally get ranked as "a trustworthy person worth dealing with".

Good luck!

Asher
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-20-2008, 11:39 PM

All this guy does is try to sell his really bad retouching services. Maybe if he asked for help and critiques, he may get better. Then maybe a photographer will use him. I feel sorry for any photographer that would let this guy edit there photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
Listen, I .... just have to say this. If you're going to advertise yourself in the English speaking world, please work on your grammar and syntax.

And, why are you soliciting here? We're retouchers. We do it ourselves. Now, if you did tax prep, I'd be interested.......
This is obviously an off-shore company/identity who thinks by soliciting here on the cheap they may acquire work. You can't blame them.
After all this is an international site.
I was put in my place here while complaining about the price of gas in the US by a person in the UK who was paying three times as much ( of course the currency exchange is 2 1/2 to 1 in their favor - hey I'm a retoucher not a math genius). I traveled to the UK in Dec O7 and while outraged at the price of gas - I had a fun time driving on the other side of the road.... Sorry I digress. Anyway the point being is that there are people from all over the world on this site and not only your work - but the ease of usage for the employer is the issue. Professional photographers don't have the time to deal with language barriers and time zone problems..... hey if you can't pick up the phone.....
Anyway sorry for rambling but I usually win the project based: 1. on my talent; 2. on my location or ease of use.
Bottom line: these people don't really affect most of our business.
Only my 2 cents.
~Nancy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

www.PhotoArt123.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanls View Post
This is obviously an off-shore company/identity who thinks by soliciting here on the cheap they may acquire work. You can't blame them.
After all this is an international site.

...............Anyway the point being is that there are people from all over the world on this site and not only your work - but the ease of usage for the employer is the issue. Professional photographers don't have the time to deal with language barriers and time zone problems..... hey if you can't pick up the phone.....
Anyway sorry for rambling but I usually win the project based: 1. on my talent; 2. on my location or ease of use.
Bottom line: these people don't really affect most of our business.
Only my 2 cents.
~Nancy
Nancy,

A skilled retoucher with a phone that works will get work but not behond a curtain. My advice to him/her is to come out and get an identity or it's a waste of time.

Asher
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2008, 01:00 PM

I still don't get why people advertise on this site to sell their retouching services. Now, a photographer coming here to find a retoucher makes sense, but not the other way around.

But I don't get a lot of things, either. Like, why in the world do people retouch little kids to look like dolls. But, hey, seems to be some sort of market for it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
But I don't get a lot of things, either. Like, why in the world do people retouch little kids to look like dolls. But, hey, seems to be some sort of market for it.
how someone could do that to their child for beauty pageants is even stranger...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds