Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

I'm Looking to hire professional photoshopper

Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Re: I'm Looking to hire professional photoshopper

I have to agree, The copyright owner would be the photographer, if she claimed a copyright. A model release is completly seperate from a copyright. It is actual a liability waiver, where the subject gives permission to use the image with our worrying about the issure of civil liability. Since this is for personal use, and the retoucher is not publishing the work, there shouldn't be a problem. It is the publisher of the work that needs to obtain the model release. Also since the image won't be used to promote a product or service, then a release usually isn't needed.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Re: I'm Looking to hire professional photoshopper

She don't have to claim a copyright. They were copyright her the moment she snapped the shutter, she created it it's her's. Filing for copyright is only to legitamize the origin for legal purpose and enforcability for damages. (it more complex than that but that's it in a nutshell)

As far as the release, It's not needed unless it or it's derivitives are to be used Commercially as the law defines.

She can use it for personal usasge or even have it published in the newspaper or TV as editorial usage without a release.

It's really not that complex...

No slander, No commercial, Yes personal, Yes editorial.

Provided of course she legall obtained them ie...She wasn't hiding in the celebs closet. As there are some expectations of privacy laws that need be abided.

Now the retoucher, He needs to follow the same simular rules. He is not using them commercially buy working on them or charging to work on them. But he croses the line if he put's the finished product on the wall and say's....Hey, here's a sample of my work see what I can do for you!

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds