RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Chance for Photo Retouchers in culture magazine

Old 12-04-2008, 06:47 AM

Chance for Photo Retouchers in culture magazine

Good day/evening/afternoon ladies and gents

My name is Alexander Missen and I am the fashion editor/head photographer for a free UK based magazine called maddog - we are primarily a fashion/arts/lifestyle magazine for the 21-40 demographic of eastern England

We began midway last year and thus far the magazine has been a roaring success - we have seen it grow from a 10,000 person readership to 75,000 over the past 5 issues, and so are looking to expand - however as always with expansion it means a heavier workload. As somewhat of a control freak I have been carrying out a large amount of photography and retouching work (with my limited skills on photoshop!) myself, and it is becoming extremely time consuming and difficult to fit this around all the other aspects of my job.

Therefore what I am appealing for is people to do voluntary retouch work, which if used will receive exchange for credit in the magazine itself and links to portfolios/personal websites on our website, also as we grow and expand further there may also be the opportunity for this to turn into paid work for the right candidate.

For now I will put up a pack of camera raw files not used from previous shoots which have the themes: Halloween, Autumn, Grungy Neon and Retro 80s - these will be marked on the file name. There can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17006117...mages.zip.html

I would like to see what these can look like in the hands of people who consider retouching their primary work and look forward to seeing the results - either post them low res in this thread or email me or get in contact if you would like to know more at alexandermissen@gmail.com

Thanks guys -look forward to seeing your best efforts

Alexander Missen
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM

Post Retouchers wanted for growing UK Lifestyle mag

Good day/evening/afternoon ladies and gents

My name is Alexander Missen and I am the fashion editor/head photographer for a free UK based magazine called maddog - we are primarily a fashion/arts/lifestyle magazine for the 21-40 demographic of eastern England - www.maddogmagazine.co.uk

We began midway last year and thus far the magazine has been a roaring success - we have seen it grow from a 10,000 person readership to 75,000 over the past 5 issues, and so are looking to expand - however as always with expansion it means a heavier workload. As somewhat of a control freak I have been carrying out a large amount of photography and retouching work (with my limited skills on photoshop!) myself, and it is becoming extremely time consuming and difficult to fit this around all the other aspects of my job.

Therefore what I am appealing for is people to do retouching on a work-for-promotion basis, in which they will receive credit in print and advertising space in the magazine itself and links to portfolios/personal websites on our website, also as we grow and expand further there may also be the opportunity for this to turn into paid work for the right candidate.

For now I will put up a pack of camera raw files not used from previous shoots which have the themes: Halloween, Autumn, Grungy Neon and Retro 80s - these will be marked on the file name. There can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c...5f3b97151fad6b

I would like to see what these can look like in the hands of people who consider retouching their primary work and look forward to seeing the results - either post them low res in this thread or email me or get in contact if you would like to know more at alexandermissen@gmail.com

Thanks guys -look forward to seeing your best efforts

Alexander Missen

Last edited by alexandermissen; 12-04-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Re: Retouchers wanted for growing UK Lifestyle mag

when i click on the link i get this message:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Tough times...you guys really don't have any budget for retouching?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelzombie View Post
when i click on the link i get this message:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.
That's the new Rapidshare policy for anonymous uploads.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 06:39 PM

Currently re-updating the link with the images guys - hang on.

and pixel monkey - we really have no budget for retouching, having just started half a year ago. We're headed in the right direction though and the magazine continues to grow, so I feel this is a good opportunity for someone tring to build their portfolio to get involved with the start of something.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 08:17 PM

The download link in the original post has been changed and should be working again.

Thanks,

Alex
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 09:41 PM

i cannot open these files with neither camera raw 3.7 for CS2 nor with acdsee pro 10. =(
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM

Im using Camera Raw 4.4.1 and CS3 - the latest Camera Raw plugin can be found here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-05-2008, 03:45 AM

Re: Chance for Photo Retouchers in culture magazin

Small problem here:
Quote:
Error

This limit is reached.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds