RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Freelance photo manipulator

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 AM

Talking Freelance photo manipulator

hi there. i'm a freelance photo manipulator, and i do work on a variety of levels, from basic to... whatever the opposite of that is. i'm always available, and i work hard and never bail out on a job. if you want to check out some of my recent work, check here: http://www.swisscommerce.net/madison/xzx.html

it's a temporary space until i can figure out how to code the psd layout i created. feel free to send me a message or email if you're interested!

(p.s. hire me. i need more shoes.)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 PM

Re: Freelance photo manipulator

You do good work art dealer, but i have a quick question.

Some of the photo's that you have exampled started out looking like consumer grade camera out of focused, jpeg artifact, bad exposure pictures. Is this a true representation of the originals? If so, how do you get the dynamic range to bring back some of those dark shadows. I have edited consumer grade pictures in lightroom and the dynamic range is just no where close to my D300 RAW's.

I ask because even if the skin detail or object detail was present, sharpening would not be able to bring it back that much. So are you smoothing then adding fake details back in? Or are the original pictures just bad and your just that good.

Some insight would be nice.
-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 PM

yeah, i recreated the skin in a few of those photographs. the bride, the tattoo removal, the girl with the facial piercings, the girl in the underwear, and a few others. some of the photos were pretty bad, definitely. if you notice with the one girl, i even drew in some new hair. if the quality of the photo is bad, i do what i can to make it work. i hope i answered your question... feel free to ask more if i wasn't specific enough
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2009, 06:07 PM

Like for a more specific example, page two bottom left picture (summer of love). The original on that is just plain bad. You did a great job bringing that back, but I could not see any way of saving most of it.

Thanks for the reply,
-Keven
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2009, 06:25 PM

i attached a sample. check it out... you can see the process of adding new skin. i think once you consider all i did - recreated the shirt (it was a bleached out mess), removed and recreated the hair -completely-, recrafted the eyebrows, there was a base to begin the skin. you know how that works, of course. lots of layers of soft airbrushing, then adding the grain.. lots of dodging and burning - it isn't as crazy as it looks

and i suppose you also need to consider the photo was originally in a much higher resolution, so it was easier to work with
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mmrand.jpg (34.4 KB, 51 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Wow... You're very good at retouching and montaging, bro. Very painstanking job. How many hours did you take to do these retouchs?

Amazing works
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds