RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

up and coming high end retoucher wanted

Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Re: up and coming high end retoucher wanted

Don´t believe manpreetsinghah. I know that one of the samples in his portfolio is from another retouchers folio. I assume that if he does this once, he does it often...
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2009, 06:06 PM

Post Re: up and coming high end retoucher wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsi View Post
Don´t believe manpreetsinghah. I know that one of the samples in his portfolio is from another retouchers folio. I assume that if he does this once, he does it often...
Well, the first sample in that gallery looks too well done in relation with the next ones... That's suspicious. And there are other suspicious things that I'll not to mention, or I'll be called racist again. I have talked, now there was a user here who called me "racist" and he was the first who dropped some 5hit on the Indian... I know quite a lot about this matter, and seems you too
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM

This is not an unknown issue among retouchers. Let me tell you a story - a few years ago I worked in a large retouching studio where the servers were open to everyone . A year or so later (April 2007 to be precise) I was working in a company where retouchers were invited to send PDF's of what they had done. Two of these people, who's names are now noted, had lifted the same file that I recognized as my own, and were claiming it (with a few minor tweaks) as their own work.

That's why its unfortunately 100% necessary to get retouchers to PROVE they can do it. After they proved it, then you PAY THEM FOR THE SAMPLES THEY DID. If you are trying to rip them off by not paying them, then your name will be mud. Thread starter take note.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 AM

Well... That's the way it should be.
I'm a retoucher, the client send me some examples (usually 10), I do the examples, then I get paid. But I have never known about ripping others work. I also know that some "freelancers" charges a down payment of 25% or more and they disspear... Same with some clients, specially trhough the Internet, where all of we're nick names. However, I always do a research in order to know who's the client, then, I ask some questions to the client in order to confirm (by matching references) that the client is real and not a fake ID.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds