Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Image Processing work available

Old 06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Image Processing work available

I run a media transfer service and in need of another person to perform post-production on scanned slide, negative and photo images on a part-time basis. The time estimate would be from 5 to 15 hours a week... some weeks less, some weeks more. This is the second year of the business and we're still growing, so there is potential for more work in the future.

You should be a US citizen, reside in the US, have broad-band internet and email access, have Photoshop, speak fluent English and be available for phone/email contact between the hours of 10am to 6pm Eastern Standard Time. After a few jobs the communication is very minimal... just email messages from us saying we have work ready to FTP and emails from you telling us when the files are done and ready to FTP back.

If you have your own business and workers comp insurance, then my state would classify you as a sub-contractor and nothing else would be required.. you would bill us and we pay you and job done. If you don't have your own business and you don't have workers comp insurance, my state would classify you as my employee and I would deduct $0.81 per $100 of your pay for my state workers comp insurance. For either classification, for federal requirements, it would be your responsibility to report any income and pay any applicable taxes.

We make payment via a US bank bill-pay system or paypal to your email address, your preference.

Clients bring us from a few to many boxes full of slides, negatives and/or photos to scan and return to them on CD/DVD media. We do the scanning here, then would FTP the digital images to you.

Here are the steps required before you would FTP them back to us:

- rotation
- cropping
- brightness up/down
- contrast up/down
- minor retouch using heal/clone tools

We currently have 2 others doing this job, and using keyboard shortcuts to speed up production, they typically make between 8$ and $15 per hour. At standard scanning resolution (5 megapixels) we pay $.05, $.07, $.09 per image for pictures, slides and negative images respectively. For higher resolutions we pay proportionately more.

The work is done in two passes... the first pass you would open up as many pictures as your computer memory will allow (for me it's 50), then using shortcut keys you would rotate, crop, globally adjust brightness and contrast, save, then close each picture. I'll send you instructions how to setup the key assignments if you need them.

For the second pass you would open them up again and do the touch-up work mostly using the Photoshop heal tool to erase any dirt/specs/scratches you see. No need to zoom in and make adjustments... the work you are doing is included in the scanning price. If the client wants additional restoration work they would come back to us and request that at a later date. We don't expect every flaw to be fixed... the general rule is if it takes more than 30 seconds then don't bother. Some jobs are very clean and you can rip through them quickly... some are dirtier and take a little more time.

Thanks for listening and if interested please email me!

Brian Hershey, Owner
Retouch Plus
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds