Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Wanted, top end photo restorer willing to train

Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Wanted, top end photo restorer willing to train

My company specializes in the processing of lost and found film. Along with this comes a good deal of restoration to the photographs. The company has been operating for 13 years and we consider ourselves fairly advanced when it comes to dealing with thousands of images that need a hands on fix up at a price that is affordable to clients. These clients can often have several hundred images that they would be ordering. These are done at 79 to 99 cents per image so the retouch is based primarily on a series of photoshop actions and must be performed in basically under one minute or so per image.

I am self taught and book educated in this work and haven't spent any time with other photo restorers. I would like to hook up with a top end professional digital photo restorer/editor and show them what I'm doing, get their opinion on that and learn how they would approach the images that we have to deal with. These images are unique in their degradation. They aren't photos with typical environmental damage. They are pictures from undeveloped films, being developed now that are between 20 to 90 years old.

I'm willing to travel and would suspect I'd want to spend 10 to 20 hours working with the person. Is there a person who is recognized internationally as a top photo restorer that is also willing to teach?

Here are some samples of what we deal with...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds