RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson printer

Old 07-20-2006, 08:35 AM

Continuous Ink System with a 30 Day Free Trial and Printer Protection Policy: Hmmm?

You may want to try http://www.kyson.yangportal.com. They offer a 30 day free trial and their ink is made in the USA. Not imported they say. They also provide a printer protection program where if their product damages your printer in any way, they will pay for the cost of replacing the printer.

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 AM

Talking My 1st CIS for my Epson Printers

Hey All,

I have 2 Epson R200 Printers. They are mainly used to print directly on CDs and DVDs. I also print full pages images from time to time. I find myself printing a ton of CDs and DVDs for my clients. I can only wish to have one of those automatic printer systems where it loads the CD/DVD for you and prints... I also do restoration work when ever I can. Anyway, after doing some research I've come across several different types of CIS Systems such as: InkRepublic, Echo Store,...

I've decided to go with the model from Echo Store. I purchased the appropraite one for my printer and their pigment ink. It came to about $120 with shipping. I should get it in the next few days. On Ebay I saw an image that looked just like the one I purchased. I would only of saved a few dollars. I just didn't want to take the chance. I figured if the CIS didn't work or if the Ink was crap I could complain to 1 place which makes life just a little easier for me.

I will try and keep you up to date with my thoughts on this product. It is my very 1st CIS system. I will tell you about the installation and how long it took and most importantly how well it works. (Crossing Fingers) I truly can only hope the system works how it is supposed to without leaking or clogging or any other issues. If the print quality is not to my liking I hope to find a better ink supplier so I can refill when I'm out. I've been using Generic Ink Cartridges but am just tired of constantly replacing the damn things.

If anyone has any suggestions on who I should try when it comes to replace my Ink I would greatly appreciate it.

Well I guess that's my 2 cents and hopefully I will have good things to say when I return with an update.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDs1.jpg (25.5 KB, 32 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-27-2006, 05:34 PM

Talking Update on My New CIS

Hi All,

The Echo Store CIS package came today. I just finished installing it. Took me about 10-15minutes. I had to download the directions off their website. It was pretty easy. It was all pre-assembled. Before installing I used the last of my Epson OEM ink to print a photograph. Which is listed below to compare.

Anyway, after I finished installing the device I did a nozzle check. There were only 1 or 2 spots blank. So I did a head clean. The 2-3 of the colors had air in the tubes. Once I started the head clean process that got rid of the air in the tubes. I did another nozzle check and that came out fine.

I printed the same photograph using the echo store ink. The pictures are listed below. These were printed on premium glossy paper using the color quality of "Photo". My epson r200 has 5 color quality settings. In the 1st attempt the picture came out slightly lighter than the Epson OEM Ink. The 2nd attempt I changed the color quality to "Best Photo" and there were only a minor difference. The 3rd attempt I went into photoshop and changed the Level to a very slight darker image. I printed using the "Photo" quality setting and that came out great. The Epson OEM Ink does have a very slight shinner look to it. Only noticeable to a trained eye so for my clients these will be great.

Picture on the LEFT is using the Echo Store Ink and the picture on the RIGHT is Epson's OEM Ink.

I'll let you know how things go in the future. I'd still like to try a different ink supplier just in case. At the momeny I am happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ink1.jpg (31.2 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg ink2.jpg (36.9 KB, 88 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-04-2006, 03:54 AM

Newbie Epson 4800

Hi,

Does anyone know if a CIS exists for an Epson 4800?

Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2006, 09:00 AM

Re: Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson printer

I have an Epson 3000 (large format, 17 x 22 sheets) which has been customized by my printer tech guy for Continuous Ink System. Whichever company I chose to buy the ink system from was not the only issue for me. Non OEM brand inks caused the printer to clog more often, which meant a lot of purging. So much purging caused the pads below to fill up, then overflow into the bottom of the printer, then onto my counter top. With my printer, purge as many times as you need to, waste comes out of the bottom into a tray for easy dumping. No more pads inside that overflow inside the printer. $500.00 firm with some paper, ink, original manuals, disks etc.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
Dear all,

Here is a very good source for bulk ink system.
http://www.InkRepublic.com

They are currently running big promotion for some models:
(Free 600ml or 300ml inks)

http://www.inkrepublic.com/backtoschool.asp

For Epson 2200 or 960 models, you can also purchase a very decent ink kit from InkRepublic.com

My suggestion for CIS kit is to buy a system that is not using sponge nor re-used cartridge. Those are out of date tech, but they are cheap. However, drilled-hole kit cannot do anything good for you, it's actually very troublesome.

I guess InkRepublic.com did a very good job on CIS area.

Just FYI-
Just a note FYI > I recently purchased an Epson 9800 and one of the first things I found out was that using anything but Epson inks will void your warranty. Seems an important point.
~Nancy~
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 PM

Talking Re: Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson printer

OEM :continuous ink system, continuous inking systems, continuous ink flow system, continuous ink feed system, bulk ink delivery system, continuous ink cartridge.

Hey,friends,

Do you know China Outac CISS who provide the high quality printer consumables products at competitive price with excellent after the sale support ?
Do-it-yourself Continuous Ink Supply System(CISS)
Ink-jet refill services
Do-it-yourself refill kits
Printer ink
Printer CISS
Compatible and re-manufactured ink-jet cartridges
Refillable cartridges and so on!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:09 AM

Great NEWS :

China Outac CISS supply : NEW CISS with updated chips for Epson R265,R270,C79....and choose the best CISS for IP4200 ! Checking this website :
http://www.outac.com/shop/continuous...ystem-cis.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------
continuous ink system, continuous inking systems, continuous ink flow system, continuous ink feed system, bulk ink delivery system, continuous ink cartridge for Canon,Epson,HP inkjet printer,refillable compatible cartridge, remanufacture cartridge,dye ink,pigment ink,bulk ink, etc...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 AM

Have CISS exist for an epson4800,I read it from a Japanese website.Well,you can also try to use the refillable cartridge for your epson 4800,the cartridge capacity is 220ml each,when used up, refill them very easy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2008, 01:19 AM

Smile Re: Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson

Have the refillable cartridge like continuous ink system in 220ml for large format printers,it is easy to refill ink after the ink used up,and have chip resetters for them also,suitable for as below printers:

EPSON 7800/9800/4800/2400
EPSON 7400/9400/4400
EPSON 7600/9600/4000/2100
EPSON4880/4450/7880/7450/9880/9450
EPSON 9000/9500
HP120/130
Canon8200/7200/6200/8400/6400
HP5500/5000
HP500/800/1000/4000/4500/9000S
CANON8200/7200/6200/6400/8400 etc.

If for desk epson printers,it will be better to use the 110ml continuous ink system. For canon printer,like ip4200,the ciss cartridge use the sponge ones will be better than the no sponge ones.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds