Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson printer

Old 08-11-2004, 01:37 AM
Continuous Ink System (CIS) for most of Epson printer

Dear all,

Here is a very good source for bulk ink system.

They are currently running big promotion for some models:
(Free 600ml or 300ml inks)

For Epson 2200 or 960 models, you can also purchase a very decent ink kit from

My suggestion for CIS kit is to buy a system that is not using sponge nor re-used cartridge. Those are out of date tech, but they are cheap. However, drilled-hole kit cannot do anything good for you, it's actually very troublesome.

I guess did a very good job on CIS area.

Just FYI-
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Question about's CIS

Have you tried out their R800 system?
Any idea?

I have heard that many people bought from and pretty happy with their service and i-INK (brand name of their cis).

I just want to make sure if their R800 sytem works well?

I did try a system that I bought from ebay. Pretty messy and keep leaking. I cant even print anything correct.

If spongeless system does work, I would like to see more experience or review before placing an order.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I have 5 R800's and have purchased 2 different CIS systems for them, one off ebay the system currently offered by jlwsales, after using it for awhile I lost flow of the yellow ink and could not restart it.
I have also used the inkrepublic system and now own 3 of them. It is a good system, but . . . you need to be careful when installing the cartridges, they are smaller than the slots which gives wiggle room and the nozzles you mount them on can be broken (I broke one on one printer). If you print a lot of pages you need to clean the ink out of the sponges on either end of the print head run (bottom to either side of where the print head moves L-R and back) and also the chips do not reset to full each time you turn off / on the printer. It only resets those that are low or empty. This becomes a pain in the neck as I am printing 110 copies of each page on my current project.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2005, 08:00 AM
Thumbs down

Check here:; you will find CIS for epson and Canon, amazing price and high quality.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 07:52 AM
I have been using InkRepublic's R1800/R800 CIS for several months.
Excellent performance and excellent customer service.

My suggestion to CIS buyers is:

1. Dont buy cheap one.
2. Make sure you can get spongeless CIS rather than sponged CIS.
3. Do not buy ink tank or nice looking ink bottles from China or made in china.
they actually create more problem. I bought those good looking or consistent pressure ink bottle from Ebay, their system almost killed my R1800. Ink leak out from the bottom few weeks later, and there is no flow control in those Chinese spongeless carts.

But you get what you pay for. If you want a temporary solution, you can try Ebay's, but if you want premium product, InkRepublic has very good one.

by the way, I dont suggest echostore's CIS, they are same as Ebay's, and you can even get cheaper from Ebay, though you take great risk for your printer and eventually you just waste more money on those cheap crap....

If you want to use's system, read their reviews and testimonials first and get more information from them:
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 08:15 AM

I noticed 100% of your posts so far recommend this company. Do you work for them?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 11:13 PM
np, just told you all about my experience.
you also can find these information on ebay or the Internet.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Epson R2400 Continuous Inking System from ?

I am highly interested in such system, I have been reading many positive articles about InkRepublic's R1800, R800, 1280 CIS, CFS, how about their R2400?

I know InkRepublic is the only R2400 and R1800 CIS provider, and epson R2400 is very "fresh" to this market, I need to know if does have great solution for it.

Another interesting thing is their "re-usable" part, how could they do that?
I dont quite understand this part...

any information is welcome!

thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I purchased a continuous ink system for my HP K550 from . It is fantastic, I install it without any problems(several mins). To be honest, I doubted whether this website's products are ok or not, so I hesitated for several days before I made my first purchase. Now I bought several continuous ink system from them, for my printer Epson 1280, R200, C88. By the way, their systems for Epson and HP are spongless, Not sure whether Canon systems are spongeless(I do not have Canon printers). So far they are great. I print a lot. Every week I have to use more than half gallon for each colors. Fortunately their ink meet my requirements. These systems save much money for me. The continuous ink system is an great idea.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Continuous Ink System for Epson, Canon, HP Printers: Which one works best?

I have been using a continuous ink system purchased from eBay for over a year with absolutely no problems for my Epson R1800 and R2400. I have also been searching for the best one on the net but they are look the same but with different names.

It looked quite simple when I got with tubes attached to empty cartridges and tanks. How different would it be from one manufacturer to the next and is it worth paying $200 for one (often empty) when I can get it for under $80 on eBay already with ink? If you properly install it and take care of your printer well such as turning it off when not in use, the system will save you hundreds and even thousands of dollars a year.

All printer manufacturers make most of their money off of selling you their expensive cartridges so it is in their best interest and the interest of websites selling the manfucturer's printing supplies to bad mouth products that will block their profits. Beware of bias forums set up by such websites. There are many of them all over the internet.

The best thing to do is to look for actual buyers of these systems on eBay and read their comments. I have also seen posts on forums from what looks like the ink system manufacturer's themselves self praising their own products and pretending to be actual customers.

eBay members are real and ordinary people who have no bias. Printers are so cheap now but the cartridges have remain very expensive for obvious reasons (making money and breaking the backs of hard working individuals). My system came with a 60 day money back return policy but I had it for over a year and have seen no problems. The bulk ink is very cheap at only $25 to fill all 8 of my colors with 100 ml each or 8x100 ml of ink. 800 ml of ink is about 80 cartridges that I would have had to purchase from Epson if I did not have this system. Each Epson cartridge is around $14 so you do the math ($14 X 80) and find out how much I saved for $25. When purchasing a system just make sure you buy it from a seller with a reputable feedback.

Menomonee Falls, WI
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds