RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Classifieds Post job openings, your resume, or try to sell/buy retouching/restoration related items

Freelance Photoshop expert needed for small project

Old 01-22-2005, 05:05 AM

Freelance Photoshop expert needed for small project

I am in the early stages of learning Photoshop and have come up against a project that needs more skill than I have (yet). I tried it myself and just can't get a good enough selection. I need to remove an elderly couple from an image and create a Portrait with just them. I don't want to post their image online, but if there is someone who would be willing to help, please let me know your rates and I will send you the file. I'm told that this is not a difficult project but I will leave that up to you.

Thanks
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2005, 04:17 PM

Elderly Couple Portrait

Hi.

I just joined this website. I am a professional Photoshop expert and I will gladly look at the photo of the couple and quote you a reasonable price if you're still interested. Write me back and email me a high quality jpeg of the image at your leisure. Look forward to hearing from you.

Lana
lboter@nyc.rr.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2005, 08:15 PM

why not offer a donation to this site ?

Hi... there are many members here who would I'm sure be interested in doing the work for a donation to this website... but I know of a few times that we've been burned... I'm sure if The webMaster let the members know you've contributed you will be overwhelmed with very good work ...

Just a thought.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2005, 09:51 PM

Obviously, I think you're bang on Rondon. No one is going to get rich off this project, I mean, get real, you wanna make 20 bucks?, so why not contribute the funds to this site. It's a great solution. The one thing that always concerned me about applications of this sort was a pile of people contributing but nothing being gained. Comments, by the way, have nothing to do with Lanabot's submission. Welcome aboard!!

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2005, 07:49 PM

Hi all
I helped out cwaltrip with his image for free ( Hope they like it ), and I will continue to help others if I can to the best of my ability.

Some people including myself would rather not upload some personal photos, but enquire on tips on how to achieve the result they are looking for, that's why this site is the best photo retouching, restoration, and manipulation resources on the net ( in my opinion ).

Homepage Quote:
"Quite simply, RetouchPRO is a for anyone, professional or hobbyist, who is interested in photo retouching, restoration, and manipulation. It is a place to learn, to teach, to share, to connect, and generally to talk to others with the same interests".

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2005, 08:29 PM

Down boy!

This thread is in the classified forum where the party was looking to contract some expertise... not the help requested forum... so sounded like a good time to suggest support of the website.

18 posts is a little green to chide if you were.... actually I was a little sore at Dave for suggesting $20 ... i'd perfered cwaltrip decide on the amount.

all of us here have done many projects for free at the best of our ability.. be it ever so humble.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2005, 09:40 PM

Probably a good point Rondon. That's what I charge for a simple extraction. I guess what the market will bare is one thing and someone who may not have a clue as to value for work another.

Cheers
Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2005, 09:58 PM

Sorry Rondon if I have offended you in someway, it was not my intention to do so just a opinion and what I thought of the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondon
This thread is in the classified forum where the party was looking to contract some expertise... not the help requested forum... so sounded like a good time to suggest support of the website.
I clicked on the link in the Help Requested Forum ( Should have looked closer, sorry ) and support of the website is a great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondon
18 posts is a little green to chide if you were.... actually I was a little sore at Dave for suggesting $20 ... i'd perfered cwaltrip decide on the amount.

all of us here have done many projects for free at the best of our ability.. be it ever so humble.
Chide ( ) Most definitely Not!

Being a Newbie (18 posts) I am still looking around the forum, and made the mistake of posting a opinion in the wrong category, I think everyone on this site is doing a tremendous job, and was Not bigging myself up, far from it!
I have been experimenting with Photoshop for a couple of months now and i am trying to better myself with challenges from this site.
Just trying to be helpful.

I do think you were a Little bit harsh with me on this though.

Sorry Again and I will watch what I am posting in future.

Yours
Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2005, 10:42 PM

well! maybe

To tell you the truth it wasn't until I had over 300 posts that one day i noticed an un-named member was sprouting off like he owned the site... as i mulled this over I realized that I had been doing the same.

well it's not my site .. I'm a member like you... the moderators here are well chosen and the Janitor keeps the wheels turning.

I did think I caught just a twinge of bad vibes when you mentioned I helped out cwaltrip with his image for free after I'd related my idea. I must have misread the spirit of your words.

This is a very friendly lowkey site .. and no you didn't offend me... hope I didn't rile you either...
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2005, 07:20 AM

Cheers Rondon
Perhaps my choice of words were inappropriate, I'll engage my brain before I post again,Thanks.
All the Best
Chris
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Classifieds