RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Computer Generated Images
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Computer Generated Images Combining 3D models with photos, or crafting fully synthetic images using CGI or fractals

Great site: www.raph.com 3D art

Old 08-15-2006, 10:18 PM

Great site: www.raph.com 3D art

i'm really not sure where this post belongs, but i just wanted to share one of my all time favorite pictures/paintings. all i can do here is post the link to the gallery/web page since i dont have any permissions from the artist.

also, i know we have gallery space for the artists here, but what about links to other galleries? we see them referenced from time to time in the other forums, but there's no central collection of links anywhere. might be good to have something like that.

if this post is in the wrong place, please let me know or simply move it to where it would be more appropriate.

the link is: http://www.raph.com/3dartists/artgal...ap.php?aid=382

if it doesnt work, let me know.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 AM

Do you mean to have some where, to post links to artists etc that we as members like ? and want to share with others ? be they the old masters or new and upcoming artists ? If so i think it is a good idea as it is interesting to see all differnet styles, techniques , as well as being inspiring ( how about that you would be able to add a critique as well ! ! !

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2006, 09:13 AM

palms, yes. since we cant post copyrighted pictures the best we can do is link to them. there are lots of galleries out there and web sites for artists. i see postings in our other forums here of 'how do i obtain this look?' fairly frequently or maybe someone just finds an interesting site/gallery. if we had an 'external gallery' forum or something where one could post links and say a little something about them, i think that might be cool. we've got a place to post about our own web sites and we've got a gallery section where we can post our own pics but no one place to post links to external sites.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM

Craig...

There are already a couple "great gallery" and "great site" threads in this subforum, so I moved your thread here and renamed it.

Interesting site and artwork. I have a hard enough time with 2D!

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2006, 03:51 PM

thanks danny

yeah, i looked at doing 3d a few years ago and decided that i already had my hands full too

and yes, i know there are threads, but what's the prospect of getting some extra forums? i've seen a couple other proposals for new sub-forums, the latest being one to divide up the retouch-restore forum for having fashion or high glamour or something along those lines. one of the problems with RP (well, maybe i shldnt go as far as calling it a problem), is that after a while it tends to get hard to find things/threads/posts/topics. some finer refinement on the forum topics might be useful. it's one of the reasons i added the last part of my sig. i see mentions of plugins scattered around the forums and thought i'd try to create a repository in one place. i know doug took the old menu item down for these a while back and i kind of miss it, though not in the form it was in back then.

anyways, thanks for putting this in the right place.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2006, 04:08 PM

Here is the link to one of my favourite artists

Boris Valejo

All his 534 images

http://gallery.use.net.ru/cgi-bin/ga...&MISC&GALLERY3

Ken.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2006, 01:18 PM

yup, he's good, ken.

craig