RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

April 05 Contest Discussion

Old 04-02-2005, 10:22 AM

Since editing was expressly allowed in the Mar. contest and nothing to the contrary was spelled out for this one, I don't think it should be an issue until the rules are changed. I didn't notice excessive editing in Mar. and most of those seemed to be as a result of mis-understandings about the contest. As for hiding entries until voting time, I would think this would negatively impact the interest generated in these contests (and the contest discussions). I personally enjoy checking-out the new entries as they dribble-in over the course of the month (not sure alot of people have the time or energy to evaluate all 40+ entries in one swell foop).
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 10:31 AM

Chris,

If you don't want to change your entry, that's your choice. I changed mine because the original 100K posting did not reflect the work I had put into it.

So I chose a tighter crop and re-modelled picture as I felt it showed my work better.

My choice.

I did not "borrow" anyone else's ideas as is readily seen if you look at the "changed" submission.

If you don't wish others to borrow any of your ideas, don't submit your entry till nearer the last day of entry.

I've now finished with mine, if anyone wishes to borrow any of my ideas, they are more than welcome. I still see this as a friendly and open competition. It will not affect me in the least if others change their entry as often as they wish, that's their choice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 11:10 AM

Deleted and leaving this forum due to the actions of member rondon

Last edited by chrishoggy; 03-22-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Janitor

I'd suggest waiting until the voting period starts before actually deciding on your top 5. Only one entry is allowed per person, but they can change that one entry as many times as they like up until the thread is locked and voting period begins.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 12:57 PM

Maybe the advantages and dis-advantages of editing balance out? Whether I use it or not, I take great comfort in the edit button - it allows me to sleep at night without worrying that I've over-looked the spinach on the bride's teeth, or the groom's open fly.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 01:01 PM

Deleted and leaving this forum due to the actions of member rondon

Last edited by chrishoggy; 03-22-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Colwell
Maybe the advantages and dis-advantages of editing balance out? Whether I use it or not, I take great comfort in the edit button - it allows me to sleep at night without worrying that I've over-looked the spinach on the bride's teeth, or the groom's open fly.
Doug you made me laugh!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 03:52 PM

Don’t let a contest change the intent of this site. I think the real key that you need to remember here is that RetouchPro is for learning and more importantly learning from each other. The contest is just a bit more incentive to get more people involved…and more people means more ideas that can be shared.

Quote:
Quite simply, RetouchPRO is a resource for anyone, professional or hobbyist, who is interested in photo retouching, restoration, and manipulation. It is a place to learn, to teach, to share, to connect, and generally to talk to others with the same interests.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2005, 04:02 PM

No problems T, I was not really upset by Chris's comments, just expressing my own. I know him to be a fair and reasonable person from reading his past postings. I see this contest as a little bit of fun, and whilst I give it my best try, do not take it too seriously. I am more than happy to share information on anything I've done, and am sure that others here feel the same.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-03-2005, 12:27 PM

I agree completely with T Paul. You took the words out of my mouth. I think having the contests is a great thing and that having only those who enter allowed to vote is a good thing because it gets more people to enter, gives them more of a reason to at least try it. It is the only way to learn. And I love the extra incentive to try new things as well.

Dawn
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests