RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

April 05 Contest Discussion

Old 04-19-2005, 12:00 AM

I don't know if I'm telling something that's very basic, but it may help somebody. On my computer, when you click on the thumbnail and open the picture, you can mouse over the picture itself and a button appears in the bottom right hand corner and if you click it, it will expand the picture up to the size it is suppose to be. Sorry, if everybody already knows this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2005, 03:21 AM

I guess the rule of thumb when posting for a contest like this is "don't sacrifice quality for size". I'm experimenting with my own image, there is a noticeable difference already between 70% and 80% quality when saving in jpeg. Personally, I wouldn't go lower than 75%.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2005, 05:11 AM

Final results

Is it possible to get runners up listed as well as 1st place? With so many entries, and everyone nominating top 5, it would be good to give some of the other entries a bit of a pat on the back, even though they don't get the prize.

I know it's probably a lot of extra work in vote counting, but could we list the overall top 5 results? It may help by giving some of the newer/less experienced retouchers some recognition and encouragement.

Another thing - I noticed that someone had posted all the images on one site to help with voting last time. Any chance of doing that again? Seems much easier to compare that way. (Happy to help if it's required)

Last edited by Caitlin; 04-19-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
Is it possible to get runners up listed as well as 1st place? With so many entries, and everyone nominating top 5, it would be good to give some of the other entries a bit of a pat on the back, even though they don't get the prize.
I added the top five to the March contest results and I will post the top five for April as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin
Another thing - I noticed that someone had posted all the images on one site to help with voting last time. Any chance of doing that again? Seems much easier to compare that way. (Happy to help if it's required)
If someone is willing to do this, I will add the link to the voting thread. Just remember to wait until the end of the contest submission period and check for edited images to ensure you are posting the most current image. Send me a PM if you want to do this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2005, 08:47 AM

The deadline for this contest is fast approaching!!! Don't forget to submit your entry before the deadline.

Deadline for entries is 5pm EST 23 April 2005
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-20-2005, 05:48 PM

Oh, no. It might take more than 2 days for me to read this 'discussion thread'
By the way, I've made four versions from that wedding portrait. The stained glasses and flower vases were sort of obstacles in my workflow, but I see some very impressive works of other people.
They didn't changed perspectives but the stained glasses and flower vases seem not to be obstacles anymore.

p.s. I spotted some horizontal stripe in "portrait.tiff" It doen't look like sort of stain. Is the stripe look things from film scanning? Just from curiousity.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-22-2005, 10:31 PM

Cool Just to clarify...

With all the huh-bub about changing an entry image, I figured I would explain my change. I'm not one to rehash much of anything.... I had to reload my image because (for some unknown and exhaustively researched reason) my computer drops pixels and leaves streaks in images or only loads half the pixels in an image or whatever.... I've searched the web a hundred times (or more), and I can't find ANYONE who can tell me why this is happening. It happens w/ email attachments, ftp uploads, java uploads, http uploads, and any other imaginable type of upload.

I would certainly be appreciative if some of you computer/image gurus could help me figure this one out. I'm about ready to take my little computer out for some target practice....

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

Mark

Last edited by Mark_E._Martin; 04-22-2005 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Typos and Notification Change
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2005, 05:47 AM

Think I need to make my point clear about the editing entries comment I made. This wasn't meant to cause a problem or fuss, it was something I assumed was against the rules. When I read the rules it stated "7. Only one entry per person." , and I assumed that meant you couldn't change your entry. It has been said that you can change an enrty if you wish, so that cleared the matter up. Now the rules regarding editing have been cleared up, I have no problem with it.
I wasn't comfortable with changing my own entry, as I would like people to judge my first entry as a customer would if shown the picture. That is a personal test on myself, and not something I would expect others to follow .
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2005, 09:38 AM

No no no...

I wasn't fussing about the comment, Chris... I was just clarifying why I changed mine, since I forgot to note it in the "Reason for Edit" box... NP's here, dude!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-23-2005, 11:07 AM

Deleted and leaving this forum due to the actions of member rondon

Last edited by chrishoggy; 03-22-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests