- extracted window and bride & groom to separate layers w/Knockout
- separate color treatment
- changed church to copper style
- blue radial gradient overlay to support blue window
- window focusfixed and color-enhanced
- light streaks: new layer copy, radial blur (zoom), source point to the top, layer set to lighten
-various little tweaks, ask if you want =)
***edit*** I gave it another try with improved cropping, facial expressions and lens distortion management ***edit***
Last edited by endymi0n; 04-21-2005 at 10:01 AM.
Here's my entry.
I considered the stained glasses and flower vases as a obstacle, so just worked with some extracted objects(?)
Last edited by venivedi; 04-20-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Here's my attempt at the photo retouch April contest. My thoughts going into the retouching was to keep it as natural looking as possible and to add a couple of subtle effects to the overall background and make the bride and groom the main focus of attention.
I've spent all the time I can afford on this. It was fun. One of the biggest challenges is how to get it down to <100k without ruining it. I'd love to hear how others approached it.
My First Post
As you can see, I don't mind diving right in.... I tried not to go too far from the original image (ie, not getting too artsy), but dude's hands were buggin' me.... Love the posts so far, and I look forward to learning from all you guys and gals. Who knows, maybe I'll even be of help to someone sometime.
As seen below, my idea was to substantially darken the bckgr in order to highlight the bridal couple. The stained glass is an integral part of the photo given the nature of the occasion.
Good luck to all!
1. Straightened Image
2. Applied Highlight/Shadows filter to bring out lost detail
3. Added Bride's face from other photo - blended in
4. Added Groom's eyes from other photo
5. Added noise to new face to match existing noise
6. Removed gap in Groom's pant leg
7. Removed Groom's hand from Bride's waist (this could have stayed, but I remember the photographer at my wedding kept making sure we didn't do that as many times it looks like the hand is growing from the waist)
8. Straigtened Groom's tie
9. Whitened Teeth and brightened various areas with White set to multiply
10. Ran image through Neat Image to further filter noise
11. Smoothed out remaining JPEG artifacts and any blemishes
12. Cropped image
13. Applied Levels adjustment to brighten image
14. Lightened veil to help it stand out
15. Boost colors with Selective Color Adjustment and Hue/Sat adjustment
16. Removed color cast
17. Selectively sharpened image.
Remember to view image full size. You make have to click the enlarge button at the bottom right corner of the image after you open it to fully see it full size.
For the bride's smile, I left the upper lip of the original as is, added just the teeth and lower lip from source1. Final touch, added a very, very subtle white vignette.
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by soleah; 04-23-2005 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Sharpen a little more
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|May 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||72||05-31-2006 04:45 PM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|
|April 05 Contest Discussion||T Paul||Contests||123||05-05-2005 01:14 PM|
|Images was not entried in April Contest||venivedi||Critiques||4||05-04-2005 11:17 AM|
|April 05 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||43||05-03-2005 09:45 PM|