May 05 Contest
Download Restore.tif and restore it. The best way to download the image is by rightclicking (or Cmd/Ctrl clicking) on the link and using "Save Target As".
1. Evaluate and correct the image’s tone & contrast
2. Dust, mold & stain removal
3. Eliminate scratches & cracks
4. Fill in missing information
and so on....
The key to a good restoration is remaining true to the image. You want to clean up and restore the image…not change it.
THE PRIZE for this month’s contest is Photoshop for Right-Brainers: The Art of Photo Manipulation by Al Ward. Donated by Sybex.
1. Contest will run from 1 May to 22 May 2005. Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT 22 May 2005.
2. This is not a Photo Art challenge. Keep the image as a photo.
3. When you submit your entry put your username in the filename (ie: tpaul.jpg). This is so users can save the images to a local directory and remember who did what--important when it comes time to vote.
4. Your final image size should be as close to 800 px on the long size and 600 px on the short size as possible. Also remember that the file cannot be larger than 100KB.
5. Post your entries to this thread. Please restrict your comments, questions or discussion to the May 05 Contest Discussion thread. Inappropriately placed posts will be deleted.
6. Only one entry per person.
7. Voting will run from 23 May to 29 May 2005. Only those with entries may vote. You will vote for the 5 best entries in order. Post your votes in the following thread (May 05 Contest Votes). Note you cannot vote for your own image.
Finally, please let others know about this contest. We can only offer future prizes with continued interest. The more the merrier and please don’t forget to post your entry/comment/vote to the correct thread--there will be three!! Posts made to the incorrect thread will be deleted.
Entries: May 05 Contest EntriesNote: RetouchPro Moderators are allowed to enter
Last edited by T Paul; 04-30-2005 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Corrected typo
Tried to keep the original period feel of this piece, so I've not tried to remedy all its "faults", just to clean up the original.
Last edited by Gary Richardson; 05-01-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Well, here is my attempt...
This is only the second Photoshop contest I've ever entered. The first one was last month. So, comments are welcome.
I tried to keep it as true to the original as possible. No filters were used. I wanted the photo to be in the state it was in just before the damage happened, but still have that nostalgic feel.
This post was edited to correct a gramatical error in the text above. The image I submitted to the contest has not been changed.
Last edited by Racc Iria; 05-06-2005 at 08:53 AM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|May 06 Contest||T Paul||Contests||72||05-31-2006 04:45 PM|
|July 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||48||07-31-2005 07:54 PM|
|June 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||24||06-30-2005 04:49 PM|
|March 05 Contest Entries||T Paul||Contests||47||06-30-2005 04:44 PM|