RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

June 05 Contest Discussion

Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 PM

Thumbs down Lovely setup !

Ms Bay !

I loved your scene, it is so nice ! I am preparing something too but I think yours is a winner !

Rgds - Martha

Haven't noticed the other entries, one prettier than the other, all winners IMHO

Last edited by Marthig; 06-06-2005 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Didn't see all the other replies !!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2005, 10:19 PM

How sweet, thank you for the compliment!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 AM

Great contest and Painter 9 tutorials..

What fun watching all these great entries roll in. ALL GREAT! Have a question for Cazubi or anyone else who might know. I just invested in Painter 9 and am looking for some tutorials on it. I see a couple of good books on it, but only available in July. Any ideas would be welcome.
Margaret.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2005, 10:42 AM

Ms. Bay... I used to have the same color problems as you're having. I design graphics for video and web and would always get the color shift thing happening. It looked great in Photoshop, but wasn't the same when it got to video or on the web. Then I read the following in the Photoshop help file:

Quote:
Color Management Off

Does not turn the Photoshop color management system off (the color management system cannot be turned off entirely). Instead, this option tells the color management system to use passive color management techniques to emulate the behavior of applications that do not support color management. Although working space profiles are considered when converting colors between color spaces, Color Management Off does not tag documents with profiles. You can use this option for content that will be output on video or as on-screen presentations. Do not use this option if you work mostly with documents that are tagged with color profiles.
Turning off color management is not a good idea when printing is the goal, but if you're just going to the computer screen (or to video) then turning it off and creating images with it off will save you a lot of headaches. I know it sounds crazy, but it works.

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 PM

Thanks Racc for your help. I uploaded again using your suggestion, but it still looks the same (it looked good in save for web). Are the key words here "when creating", because mine was already done? I'll try it on the next photo project.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Painter

Margaret, I have been useing the "Painter 8, and Painter IX Wow books by Cher Threinen-Pendarvis. I like these books because there are step-by-step instructions on how to get the effect that you see in the examples. Brushes and technique are also covered, as well as the different filters and styles. The books also include CDs that are packed with goodies like brushes, textures, patterns,and paper. There are some older Wow books on Amazon that are selling for as little as $3.00., as well as other Painter books.

Cathy

Last edited by cazubi; 06-08-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-08-2005, 07:53 AM

Painter 9 ..

Cathy - thanks for the tip. I just picked up the Painter 9 book with CD that you suggested and will work with it. "Packed with goodies" is always a good thing!
Margaret.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-09-2005, 01:44 PM

Ms Bay...

You're right, the color management has to be off when you create the image. If you turn it off after creating the image, it will have the same color shift. Also, make sure you don't embed a color profile when you save the image.

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 03:25 AM

I have already upto now choose my winner, i think that this person can do illustrations for wallpapers, i shown my neice and she said it be lovely on her son's bedroom, so you being the one i am not going to name yet, do great work!!!

Infact i find this quite hard to choose from.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2005, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretM
I just invested in Painter 9 and am looking for some tutorials on it. I see a couple of good books on it, but only available in July. Any ideas would be welcome.
Margaret.
You might try this link, it has some pretty good tutorials on it.
http://div.dyndns.org/EK/tutorial/
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests