RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

June 05 Contest Discussion

Old 06-22-2005, 04:22 AM

Smile Welcome CathieT

As MargaretM said this is a wonderful place to learn and enjoy. The members are all great people and well... you can see for yourself. Hope you can enter your rendering on time !

BTW seen all the submissions so far. It would really be quite some job to pick the best five ! Congratulations to all !
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 AM

DEFINITELY unique and original!!!!
Referring to the Raniday entry.

Last edited by kiska; 06-22-2005 at 11:29 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 09:04 AM

Tick Tock...Tick Tock. This contest is almost up!!!

Deadline for entries is 5pm EDT 22 June 2005.

For all of you that have entered so far, give yourselves a big pat on the back for a job well done!!! There are so many lovely and creative entries. I have really enjoyed viewing them.

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 10:54 AM

Thumbs down Welcome

Welcome CathyT, and I hope that you make the contest deadline. This is going to be so hard to pick from all of the wonderful entries. Great job everyone.

Cathy
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 04:37 PM

It is 10.36pm here when is it closing date on this contest as i have to go offline for a couple of weeks tomorrow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 05:44 PM

When is it 5pm there?

I really need to add my selections has i won't be online from afternoon tomorrow, so can i add it soon?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-22-2005, 10:41 PM

How do you see the entries?

Hello Everyone,

I just registered today with Retouch Pro. It looks like a wonderful place to meet new people and learn a lot!

I'm struggling a little to get around, though. How do you view the contest submissions? I wanted to see the Ladybird entries, but can't figure it out.

I would love to see more contests. Currently, I've been spending a lot of time at the "Worth1000" site, entering Photoshop and Photography contests.

I hope you post another contest soon, and that someone can help me see the entries! Thanks very much.

Jean
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2005, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachang
Hello Everyone,
I'm struggling a little to get around, though. How do you view the contest submissions? I wanted to see the Ladybird entries, but can't figure it out.
Jean
It gets easier to find your way around after you've been here a while!
For now, click on this link and hopefully it will take you to the thread with the images submitted for this month's contest. http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/contests/10715-june-05-contest.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 AM

Now that the contest is over...those of you that entered feel free to share your techniques/steps! There were so many creative entries and different approaches, I am sure many are wondering how they were done.

For those of you that didn't enter, but would like to vote/comment on an entry, please add your comments to this thread.

For future contests just click on Forums, Studio and Contests or click here. They start at the beginning of each month.

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-23-2005, 01:09 PM

Steps in generating the "Dune" piece:

1)sketched worm and filled with various intestinal elements
2) removed white sections within the sketch and proceeded to create transparency of the worm
3) colored intestinal track with blues/ greens as with the eye color in the movies
4) created a blasted or sand background by generating tan fill, duplicating the layer and adding significant noise and then added a mask to reveal a contoured line of flight

5) generated light using lights in ps, as background, removing intensity byu use of a mask - difficult to see the highlights in the upload
6) transformed and skewed various worms for length and direction and generated a contour of low, rolling dunes. Unfirunately two in thye middle did not drop down enough to provide the perspective -live and learn
7) duplicated bugs, altering color in eyes, blush on cheeks, eye rings, antennae and rounded feet - effort to make colors realistic??? to the environment while still making them sharp and eye-catching
8) sharpened worm riders and worms and dropped a drop shadow to tie them into the ground
9) fell asleep with laptop on knees till following morning :-)

May I pass on my presumptive congratulations to Cazubi who did a trememdous job, and so obviously has struck the right balance of childlike reverie and color attraction that children seem so drawn to and was pointed out by one of the othr contestants. I have a long way to go to be comfortable with the brightness of the colors, but a path worth traveling and one which will hopefully be made shorter by the talent and sharing on this list.

Well done everyone, they were all excellent pieces.

Sean
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests