I decided by sorting the entries into two almost equal piles. Then I sorted the better pile into two again and so on. In end I had the six entries I liked best. However I still had to rank them and one of them would be left out. Since I liked them best, I had to nitpick to drop some in rank. Please don't be vexed by my comments. It's how I managed to vote, so don't shoot!
In case you're wondering, the sixth was dreamypix. The skin color of the upper half is great, but it changes from the mouth down.
I know it's said all the time, but this seriously was incredibly hard to judge. For the same reason it was hard to do, it was hard to work out what the best result was in others work too.
My criteria was - realistic and attractive makeup added, still looks like the model, attractive overall effect.
My very tortuous final list came out as:
1. Dreamypix - nice makeup, like the background perspective. Could do with some noise removed.
2. RaccaIria - Not my favourite colours for makeup, but well done.
3. Karmaelea - love the eye colour, and makeup and skin looks good.
4. 1st light - love the hair colour, and the background is really interesting.
5. Doug Colwell - Could do with a bit more makeup, but skin and lips are great.
In terms of technical skill and polish I thought that Faustina and Flora were far ahead and were really attractive images, but in both cases I felt that the model's 'look' was altered too much, and I no longer recognised her, so I didn't feel I could rate either in my top 5.
1. DreamyPix. I think you did a great job smoothing her skin, while preserving texture and a nice job with the hair and makeup. I would have liked to see a different background besides the brick.
2. Soleah. I love the pastel hues you decided to use and that you fluffed up her hair. I toyed with that idea myself, but you really made it work! I also like that you made the earrings match the background... details details
3. ISTLITE. I loved watching your image transform over the month I think you ended up with a beautiful image. The lashes are great and I love the coloring. I think the hair looks a little oversmoothed, otherwise I would have had you higher
4. Flora. Beautiful coloring, glamourous indeed. The only reason I have you 4th is a matter of personal preference. I would have liked to see the eyemakeup highlighting her brows and really making her eyes pop with less of the brown and the eye whites less yellow. Really nice
5. Caitlin. You did a nice job
I really love Doug Colwell's image and had this not had "glamour" in the name of the game, he would have been my personal 1st place. It's beautiful work evening out the skin tones, etc...I just didn't much any glam in it.
There is a tremendous amount of talent here and I am happy to have found this forum
Here are my votes, based on how much they looked like an actual photo.
This was so difficult to narrow down to 5, so I’ve included my top 11 picks.
In judging this contest, my criteria was to select the most photo-realistic entries. I concentrated on the eyes, skin texture and overall color tones in making my final selections.
1. Flora – Beautiful job in every aspect.
2. Doug Colwell – Excellent work in maintaining her original look while creating perfect skin texture and natural looking makeup.
3. Soleah – Outstanding eyes and makeup. Her hairstyle is very complimentary.
4. Dreamypix – Exceptional work on the eyes and skin. She positively glows.
5 . Twinbnj – Her eyes look great. Good job on the hair, makeup and skin tones. Very natural looking.
Honorable mention to: Faustina, Caitlin, 1stLight, RaccIria, chrishoggy and karmaelea.
Congratulations to everyone who entered this contest. And special thanks to Caitlin for the photo album.
July Contest Votes
Here are my votes. Great work everyone, it was hard to narrow it down to 5.
1. Dreamypix: Beautiful color and natural skin. The brick background was the only thing that bothered me.
2. Faustina: Very glamorous. The eyes are a bit over bright.
3. Chrishoggy: Beautifully subtle, nice skin tone.
4. Flora: Beautiful color all around, and skin and hair look great.
5. Lorraine: Good skin tone, and very nice color. Hair looked a little cut-out.
1st Faustina- Beautiful job- Great attention to details. Love the rhinestones-wish I had thought of that one..
2nd Caitlyn- Wonderful job. The hair looks so natural that I didn't realize you had added the top til voting today and I have looked at these at least a dozen times! Great job!
3rd- Flora- Reminds me of the song Beautiful dreamer. Love the dreamy quality.
4th- Chris Hodgy- Love the background, the hair looks great and the skin looks pretty good----but where's the makeup? Needs more glammed up with some makeup! Other than that- Great Job!
5th- Tpaul- I love the colors used in your portrait. Nice and warm. My only nitpick is the skin is a little too smooth, need some texture/details. Good job!
Congrats to everyone!
1 - Dreamypix - overall great job on the hair, eyes and skintone.
2 - Faustina - stunning, soft and galmous
3 - Chrishoggy - This one struck me with the natural glamour look it has.
4 - Kiska - just love the tones of the B&W, and the crop completes the look.
5 - Kschulz - just a wonderful job on the hair, skin and eyes.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|July 07 Contest||T Paul||Contests||30||08-03-2007 03:23 PM|
|July 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||26||08-03-2007 03:22 PM|
|Feb 07 Contest Votes||T Paul||Contests||16||02-27-2007 05:14 PM|
|July 05 Contest||T Paul||Contests||48||07-31-2005 07:54 PM|