Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

July 05 Contest Votes

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Great entries - lots of fun and certainly hard to judge! My top picks:

1) Flora - Simply outstanding! Great hair, makeup, and depth. The only easy choice for me.

2) dreamypix - Excellent skin texture. I like the receding background.

3) RaccIria - Great skin color. For me, the eyes would've looked more realistic if the light reflection came from the center, like the original. Overall, nice job!

4) Lorraine - very natural look, especially the makeup.

5) Caitlin - great skin texture and color. Points for creative background.

Honorable mention: chrishoggy - struggled a lot with this one. In the final vote, the skin was smoothed a tad much for my tastes. Excellent entry!

Surprise: For some reason, I expected more variations on her dress. Only a very few made any real modifications...

Thanks to nurdant for contributing this make a great model!

Great job everyone. I enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot from all.

- Kurt
Old 07-25-2005, 01:23 PM
my votes

4.T. Paul
5. Karmaelea
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM
1. faustina
2. dreamypix
3. lorraine
4. flora
5. 1stLite

faustina's: absolutely my first choice pick right from when posted. i knew this was the one to beat. excellent hightlights and shadows. great eye treament, correct use of highlights below the brows to narrow the cheeks. excellent use of shadows on cheeks and nose to sculpt. perfect hair. perfect lips. truly what i think of as 'glam'.

dreamypix: very nice overall. a bit too much red overall. could stand some more contrast in face between highlights and shadows. nice treatment of eyes and lips. good color in cheeks. missed a bit on making the hair too fat at the worst point, left of her cheeks, thus widening the cheeks just a touch. but very nicely done!

lorraine: i almost threw lorraine's out of the running for the rough edges on the hair, but the overall look, particularly the face, saved it. good eyes, good lips, good tone, decent hightlight to shadow ratio. just nice to look at overall.

flora: also very nicely done and almost 3rd place for me. good eyes, good lips, good tone, good hair, good highlights/shadows, but left the cheeks a bit fat, especially with the hair wide on the left, and not enough treatment around end of nose.

1stLIte: almost lost this on the hair. bordering close on photo-art. good eyes, good lips. coloring, shadows and highlights could have been smoother, but good. also very easy to look at.

you folks are really going to have to get worse at this so i can make my voting easier

also, to make my voting easier, i threw out all those that didnt follow the rules. if you didnt use your name in the file name or didnt come at least close to the 800 x 600 pic size, i dropped them.

well done to all! a very good contest!

Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM
1 Twinbnj
2 Tpaul5b
3 Eliebeth
4 Dougcowell
5 Faustina

So difficult to choose welldone all
Old 07-25-2005, 05:44 PM
1. Ilpro - everything is done so well - bg, bg/model integration, lighting and highlights, colour and makeup, skin texture and glisten. Very dramatic treatment, but totally believable as studio lighting and makeup. Big wow.

2. Chrishoggy - Nice soft treatment. Skin and features look great, and good bg choice and integration. Very successful in keeping faithful to her look.

3. Lorraine - First place face, terrific eyes. Skin clean-up, colouring and preserved details looks spot on. The only problem I see is her hair looks a little ragged or cutout against the bg.

4. Caitlin - I like the complexion, and subtle makeup, especially the eye and lip colouring/details (eye lashes enhanced but not too Vegas). Bg transition seems a little hard on the right side (hair and arm). Extra points for whole head.

5. Jaime - this one really jumps out, good colour and contrast. Hair, skin and pouty lips (collagen?) look great. What detracts a bit are the slightly too white eye whites, and hard iris edges.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:18 AM

1. Cazubi
2. Caltlin
3. Chrishoggy
4. Twin bnj
5. Racc Iria

#1.(Cazubi) It is soft,easy to look at with out looking made up, or fake.
#2.(Caltlin) Smooth skin,Great background,if hair was feathered in to the background just a little it would be perfect.
#3.(Chrishoggy) The background and skintone match so well great job.
#4.(Twin bnj) I like the eyes, good job.
#5.(Racc Iria) Skintone is Great,The highlight in her eye makes it look like the
light source is coming from the side which would cast a shadow on her features.
All of you did great, I enjoyed viewing all of them.(what's next Paul)
Old 07-26-2005, 04:29 AM
I cast my votes for:

1. Faustina
2. Dreamypix
3. RaccIria
4. Chilli7101
5. Soleah

Thanks Nurdant for a beautiful face to work with!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
1. Faustina
2. Dreamypix
3. Flora
4. Lorraine
5. Chrishoggy
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 AM
To be original, below my hard to decide votes, based on eye treatment (removal of red reflexion), removal of hair strands from face and outer part, overall skin treatment and that they maintained the portrait look.

1- Flora, impecable!
2- Caitlin
3- Cazubi
4- Lorraine
5- TwinbNJ

With a longer list I would have included: Chrishoggy, Soleah, Karmaelea, DougColwell, Dreamypix, Kshulz and !stlite.

Regards - Martha
Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Here's my vote - based on skin smoothing, eye touchup, stray hair cleanup, appropriate glamor background and overall glamor "appeal". Also judged on the result remaining a photograph, not a painted portrait.
1. Flora - very nicely done; a soft exotic look to it and great skin smoothing.
2. Cazubi - all elements well done
3. Faustina - awesome job but the eyes are a little much for me. Also felt that black and white does not show the skin smoothing skill to the same degree that color does. However her shading etc. is wonderful.
4.Ilpro- a good creative entry. Different and well done.
5.Chilli7101 - not crazy about the background but good makeup.
Closed Thread

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests