RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contests Retouching contests to challenge your skills and learn from others. Prizes for the winners!

Aug 05 Discussion Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:06 AM

Thumbs up Furious !!

Have just cast my vote, after writing what I thought was a quite concise appraisal of the qualities of the postings, happy about having fulfilled my duty as a participant and "law abiding fellow member" I clicked the submit button.
I can imagine Craig laughing at what comes now !

"Your message is too long you can only post 1000 characters !" soo... cut the message in two and pasted it in another post (had to open a new RP window) and sent it as part II and ... received a new message telling me that I cann't post two messages with less than 120 secs in between postings !!!

Wrote at the top of that post a quote of that message with the comment --it is definitely much easier the public voting system !--

Clicked submit and guess what !! My message exceeded the 1000 characters AGAIN ! (hehe I always wanted to use this vampire emoticon )

Well it really took determination to vote this time

Good luck and congratulations to all !!

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2005, 10:18 AM

Martha,

Well I appreciate your diligence and not giving up!!!

I run into the same thing when I try to answers members' questions that are PMed to me.

~T
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2005, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I can imagine Craig laughing at what comes now !
must...refrain...from...snickering.... i feel vindicated for all my posts about flood control and message lengths *snicker*. sorry t_paul and doug i mean, but you knew i was going to post after martha made her comments

in all honesty, i really do understand. and in fact, i think the board is starting to slow down under the weight of all the posts and pictures. i've seen it before and i'm seeing a tiny bit more lag when i come in each day. it's going to get to be a problem after a while. so, i wont snicker too much here. in fact, if there's anything we can do to help, let us know.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-28-2005, 07:22 PM

Red face

Sorry for my ranting post I was furious at the time, but not with how the forum is run. Like I mention in my PM I thank you so much T Paul for your good will in trying to accomodate the wishes of some of the members and use this secret voting system. (Not my preference though, I am for open voting)

Doug, this is the most organized and truly helpful place with wonderful people starting from the "janitor" through all the mods and the marvelous fellow members.

I join in Craig's offer to help in whatever you may think will be useful.

Best regards to all - Martha

I admire you Craig for your "sort of" self control in not snickering at my story
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2005, 09:10 AM

Motion blur

Here's a link that shows motion blur as a function of exposure time.

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...-priority.html
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2005, 01:24 PM

Smats,

At the request of T Paul, I have removed my earlier post.

Sorry you think people's opinions are so easily swayed. My post was to publicly support open voting, as I think secrecy breeds suspicion, not what I want to see at RP.

It was in no way a criticism of the contest or T Paul's running of it (which is superb).

It seems that you were the only person infuriated by my post. Perhaps you shouldn't take these competitions so seriously, they were meant as a bit of fun, and to aid the spreading of technique and information between members.

Gary
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2005, 02:09 PM

Hi Gary

No, I don't take it so seriously. Sorry if my post gave that impression. I just thought it was a little bit unnecassary to publish the votes. There were some discussions about the voting.

Personally I did not participate in this discussion.

The feedback to the participants will be published anyway I think, so why publish them before the voting is ended?

Best Regards Mats
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2005, 04:38 PM

Gary and smats --

I really miss the public voting. It takes so much away from my trying to improve my submission as the votes (usually not for mine ) come in.

Lorraine
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-29-2005, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Paul
The private voting is only for this month and will go back to public voting for future contests.
Maybe not everyone heard the news?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-30-2005, 05:02 PM

Voting is almost over (20 people have voted so far) and there are several ties so if you haven't voted, your vote might be the deciding vote!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Studio > Contests